Montreal Impact 2019 Season

Grizzly

The season started well with 3 points on the road. San Jose will likely not be a very strong team this year but a road win is a road win. Montreal looked strong in the attack and controlled the ball well though we lack a true striker. Our defending was a bit shaky and Cabrera was not very convincing. Piatti was in old form and having Urruti gives him someone he can combine with and forces teams to give him some space because they can not allow Urruti to go free. Piette was strong as usual and Azira continues to show that he was a solid acquisition last year. Sagna was very strong and it is unfortunate we could not sign Fanni again this year because a solid CB beside Diallo would make a huge difference. Nice to see Choiniere get some time and Brault-Guillard get a cameo. 

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Ruud said:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/03/20/montreal-impact-announce-forward-jack-mcinerney-trial-club

Interesting to have him back.  I thought AJH would get some looks off the bench this season, but now he has more competition.

He is on trial not signed. He could be a good cheap gamble on someone who can still play at this level but I would prefer the club give AJH more chances to show what he can do. 

Well, we needed more debt at this position. Urruti or AJH got injured and we had no other pure strikers. It also opens the door to having us play with two upfront at some point. Urruti is really at his best with a partner he can "bounce off" of. 

I think this is a great move. It’s funny his style is what we are missing. Watching the Orlando game I said to myself our offense is somewhat static with no one making runs behind the defense for through balls like when Di Vaio and Jack Mac used to. Another weapon in the arsenal. 

4 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Looks like Émile Legault isn't because the club hasn't gotten an ITC and it seems like Auxerre is trying to get a transfer fee for developing him. It's the same reason why the Celtic move failed.

Shitty. On the bright side, Auxerre is a very good developmental environment so maybe he should just stick there. Although i assume him leaving would probably have to do with money.

FFS another Camacho bs. 5-0

Cabrera freakin dribbles the ball in his own box and gets picked off. Dumb! 6-0

WELCOME TO BLUE HELL (tifo)  IS RIGHT! 

7-0! Worse MTL defeat in MLS history and ties biggest win in MLS history. Congrats Les Boys. Glad to have witnessed it. 

BTW first game with those black uniforms. Hope it’s not cursed. 

Taider! 1-7 ?

Children’s Mercy Stadium. No kidding MTL asking for mercy getting schooled. 

Edited by Moldy9

40 minutes ago, Moldy9 said:

FFS another Camacho bs. 5-0

Cabrera freakin dribbles the ball in his own box and gets picked off. Dumb! 6-0

WELCOME TO BLUE HELL (tifo)  IS RIGHT! 

7-0! Worse MTL defeat in MLS history and ties biggest win in MLS history. Congrats Les Boys. Glad to have witnessed it. 

BTW first game with those black uniforms. Hope it’s not cursed. 

Taider! 1-7 ?

Children’s Mercy Stadium. No kidding MTL asking for mercy getting schooled. 

Montreal is very reliant on a couple players (let's be honest, mostly just Piatti) and have not evolved ever since he joined.

Whatever they get, management deserves.