Montreal Impact 2019 Season

Grizzly

8 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

That's why he didn't play according to the media

Yeah i was reading the comments on RDS and TVASports. And he considers himself a pro? That’s f*cking amateur. I agree he should get fined. That’s like a breach of contract. You’re a player who’s ultimately paid to play and make yourself unavailable for game day. 

7 hours ago, Bison44 said:

On the naturalization thread Grizzly said Cabrera wasnt even MLS quality.  WOW, he really showed it today, if it was me he would be benched.  What is Hassoun Camara up to? Do you think he is still fit, cause that was just awful.  

Victor I’ve always defended him. The man from West Argentina. Product of River Plate. Nice quiet guy. He has talent and skill. He can get us out at times of sticky situations and clear the ball. Makes good tackles most times that saves Bush’s bush from burning. But when he makes a mistake it’s cause he doesn’t keep it simple and over does it just like yesterday when they scored the 6th goal. He dribbled as if he was Messi but it resulted as dribbling like a Mess (probably cause by then, 0-5,  he was frustrated and feeling pissed off nobody was giving a shit). He also needs to work in marking better. Sometimes I see goals result from him being a step behind. When Victor messes up it’s costly, what can you say he’s a CB, if a CB screws up there’s usually consequences. He’s still young and has potential but yeah if I were to compare the two and say who would be CB for Canada tomorrow solely based on yesterday’s performance of course I’d go w Henry who I must say has improved. Henry used to make stupid moves too which got Canada burned. Also he couldn’t dribble worth a damn down the line and turn it over constantly. 

E09C346B-C024-4002-A091-574CE0CDC7EE.jpeg

My friend on the far left invited my wife and I to chill with the Latino crew. Good time. Good peeps. 

Edited by Moldy9

Hassoun is retired and now commentating for TVASports. The Frenchman with Senegalese roots. Very kind, well spoken and humble. Camara in his prime made quick runs up the wings with his long strides, with great dribbles, passes, crosses and also great headers which resulted in some important goals not to forget his timely tackles (not just slide tackle all the time a la Ciman). He had skill and he would’ve been a good fit for Canada if it weren’t for the concussion issues. What a shame. 

Edited by Moldy9

It was the 7th goal that really got me, he just gave up and let the Nemeth take his time and fake out Bush.  Total lack of effort, didnt keep running and put pressure on the man with the breakaway.  Giveaways are one thing, or even rash red cards, but you cant just give up on your keeper like that.  

From what I'm hearing, it could be 24 yr old Panamanian winger Omar Browne. He recently scored two goals against TFC to knock them out of CCL. There were rumours last week that IMFC were lining up a move for Columbian striker Miguel Borja. He would be a dp calibre signing however. The latter rumour made more sense when there were chances of Pato landing in Palmeiras to replace Borja. But now, I guess Browne makes more sense. We could play Okwonkwo up front. 

15 hours ago, fmfranck said:

From what I'm hearing, it could be 24 yr old Panamanian winger Omar Browne. He recently scored two goals against TFC to knock them out of CCL. There were rumours last week that IMFC were lining up a move for Columbian striker Miguel Borja. He would be a dp calibre signing however. The latter rumour made more sense when there were chances of Pato landing in Palmeiras to replace Borja. But now, I guess Browne makes more sense. We could play Okwonkwo up front. 

10 years ago. The last Brown from Panama that played for IMFC. 

2019 is version 2.0? ?

D025AA78-FC7F-4DDA-8962-ECE66A1EC76E.png

21 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

Montreal acquired an international roster spot from FC Cincinnati at a cost of $150,000. Are they lining up for something soon? Any names?

The Impact lack depth in a bad way. They really need to add some bodies, especially offensive players.

I was expecting "us" to go for someone big in the summer, but if we can get some reinforcements now it would help us keep us afloat until then. As you said, we do need to sign a few players. We only have two strikers, 3 wingers, and no attacking midfielders really (except for young prospects Choinière and Sejdic). 

@Moldy9 You're right. Hadn't even thought of that! ?

0-0 draw vs NYCFC. A good 1 pt on the road, could’ve been a shocking 3 pts had Diallo hit the target in the final minutes. Red card on Urruti in the 70th. Liked the energy of Jackson in the 80th the small field made him look really good and also showed his skill over Orgi. 

I hate watching games from Yankee Stadium it just looks so tight and confined that these players are having to play weighted small passes making the game lackluster, and choppy. I feel bad for NYC fans. They’re getting gypted. 

Edited by Moldy9

10 minutes ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Kids look very good.  Taking it to DC at the moment.  ZBG and Bayiha combining really well on the right wing.

DC having trouble handling the speed of Montreal's young players. Totally agree that ZBG and Bayiha are looking really good. lots of hustle and hard work by all the young players. Really great to see them playing so well