Montreal Impact 2019 Season

Grizzly

13 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Garde had a mostly talentless group in the thick of the playoff race. I'm confused.

He spent a ****load of cash bringing in garbage players from France (Novillo, Camacho....).  Trashed players that were recently brought in to help out (Ballou, Browne.....).  Meanwhile had a hard time managing obvious issues in the dressing room, as well as some personal issues with some players.  Gave a huge raise to Bush who is at most a bush league player (i swear i didn't notice the pun until i had written it), and also let go a homegrown (Crepeau) who seems better than Bush in all ways except for being a little short for a pro keeper.   I liked Garde, but he seemed in over his head.  How do you explain spending 1.4million on Novillo and Camacho???  His strategy seemed to be "i know a guy in France that can help".  Seemed convinced that French L2 was superior to MLS.  

Hardly an inspiring appointment from the outside but it could yet be inspired. 

A decent first season getting Houston to the playoff finals and US Cup win last year shows Cabrera can obviously get some things right. Maybe he can be a good fit to pick up the players. They seem to need inspiration and confidence.

Garde on the other hand should have been a home run on so many levels. Such a disappointment as he had so much promise as a young coach. Some serious reputation building for him now if he continues pursuing coaching.

Surprised but not surprised. The recent performances speak volumes. Rumours of having turmoil in the locker room. I wasn’t a big fan of his substitutions or lack of (most times not even using the full 3 subs), but also how he threw his players under the bus Browne Ballou. I don’t think he utilized Piatti at times the way he should be used playing him up front and also bringing in silly overpaid signings like Camacho Novillo. 

As for Cabrera I think he will be a breathe of fresh air especially for players like Bojan Ballou Lassi AJH and Nacho if he ever makes it back. Too bad Browne didn’t stick around. 

Edited by Moldy9

7 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

Surprised but not surprised. The recent performances speak volumes. Rumours of having turmoil in the locker room. I wasn’t a big fan of his substitutions or lack of (most times not even using the full 3 subs), but also how he threw his players under the bus Browne Ballou. I don’t think he utilized Piatti at times the way he should be used playing him up front and also bringing in silly overpaid signings like Camacho Novillo. 

As for Cabrera I think he will be a breathe of fresh air especially for players like Bojan Ballou Lassi AJH and Nacho if he ever makes it back. Too bad Browne didn’t stick around. 

Yeah what a disappointment the Browne situation was. There's no doubt he was a little immature and raw tactically but he has so much talent. Under the right coach, I honestly think he could of become a star.  

I question the Cabrera hiring, but if he can let our creative players play through their mistakes by giving them true freedom, then that's an upgrade in my opinion.

Also a high probability of him just being an interim coach which I am okay with. Help Bernier get his foot in the door and give him a promotion in the off season 😉.

Edited by Chad_Impact

Well I think they’re done for, not enough time to adjust. This club has some issues with depth and fitness. When your best players go down I’m sorry but Ken Krolicky or Shamit Shome won’t save you, although I’m sure they’re good lads. 

I don’t think Cabrera will last either, he just doesn’t seem like a good fit  as coach for the Impact. 

He was on his way out according to reports on TVA Sports.  

NDS bleeds Montreal Impact but it was obvious he benefited from his position solely on his relationship with Saputo and not based on his competencies. 

Edited by Moldy9

On 8/25/2019 at 5:06 AM, Stryker911 said:

Imagine the position they could be in if they had Crepeau instead of Bush. He is singlehandedly keeping Vancouver from being embarrassed as we speak.

I said the same thing in another thread. Hadn't seen this though but completely agree. Must admit I wasn't so high on Crepeau but he's proven me wrong this season. 

• 3 weeks later...