Kamron Habibullah

Yoginess

12 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Interesting. Wonder if no CPL clubs were interested or if he wasn't interested in them. Either way, best of luck to him.

He was pretty disappointing for Pacific

14 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I know. Which is why I'll be interested to see how he does at KC. Still young, and KC has done an ok job over the years at developing players.

35 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I know. Which is why I'll be interested to see how he does at KC. Still young, and KC has done an ok job over the years at developing players.

50 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

That was 2 years ago 18... how was he last year with VWFC2 lol?  Did you guys watch?  Could he have gotten better since Pacific?  Could it have been Pacific just wasn't the right setup?  Is it possible he could just maybe do very well in a different team?  Is there any other commentary about the kid's game other than his time at Pacific?  Geez 😅

43 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

That was 2 years ago 18... how was he last year with VWFC2 lol?  Did you guys watch?  Could he have gotten better since Pacific?  Could it have been Pacific just wasn't the right setup?  Is it possible he could just maybe do very well in a different team?  Is there any other commentary about the kid's game other than his time at Pacific?  Geez 😅

Yes, I saw him a few times at WFC2. Thought he was decent very early in the season and then faded badly. I never had an issue with him not being called up to the main roster.

1 hour ago, Footyeh said:

Seems like a bit of an overreaction 

3 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Yes, I saw him a few times at WFC2. Thought he was decent very early in the season and then faded badly. I never had an issue with him not being called up to the main roster.

Bingo. He was also crazy inefficient from what I can remember of the stats last year. Took a ton of bad shots and didn’t score much. If you’re going to call your own number that often, they have to go in. Wasn’t sad to see him go.

It feels like some people believe he can’t get better, he’s still had more potential now, and ahead of many of our current players we’re at the same age.. it’s very feasible that it works out for him at SKC. I believe VFC was never giving him a fair chance under Vanni, and he does have more to show. It wouldn’t surprised me if they end up bringing him to the first team before seasons end as they aren’t going to be good this year…

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

It feels like some people believe he can’t get better, he’s still had more potential now, and ahead of many of our current players we’re at the same age.. it’s very feasible that it works out for him at SKC. I believe VFC was never giving him a fair chance under Vanni, and he does have more to show. It wouldn’t surprised me if they end up bringing him to the first team before seasons end as they aren’t going to be good this year…

I believe he can get better. I also believe he was given as many chances as he earned. He was, optimistically, the third best attacker on WFC2 last year. You don’t get called up as the third best attacker on the reserve side. I hope this ends up being the kick in the ass he needs to get better.

19 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Interesting. Wonder if no CPL clubs were interested or if he wasn't interested in them. Either way, best of luck to him.

It sounds like he was supposed to sign with a Hungarian team but something happened, and said team’s athletic director’s son plays for SKC, I wonder if it’s less about him wanting to play NextPro and more about needing a club because the other fell through, and this was the backup plan. 

• 5 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

This level is laughable but it seems to hold stock with the parent clubs so it’s nice to see Canadians do well there. 

Perruzza also scored in Next Pro.

On a TFC fan forum I saw a reply that he's too good for CPL. That gave me a good lol as he was not that good for HFX last year.

Next Pro is a bit of a joke. Their performance in the US Open Cup is living proof.

Next Pro at Columbus was a springboard for the now fêted Russell-Rowe, so why can't SKC's program be that for Habibullah?

Different environment, highly respected MLS club under the overall direction of a very long time, very successful head man in charge.  Like Columbus, they have developed some pretty good young guys.  I wouldn't disparage the path there.

2 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Next Pro at Columbus was a springboard for the now fêted Russell-Rowe, so why can't SKC's program be that for Habibullah?

Different environment, highly respected MLS club under the overall direction of a very long time, very successful head man in charge.  Like Columbus, they have developed some pretty good young guys.  I wouldn't disparage the path there.

I haven't seen anyone disparaging the pathway, just the level of play. The path is the reason to join if you have other options

Edited by Aird25

2 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Looks to playing as #10 or withdrawn striker, which makes sense for his game (clever and quick, but not fast). Others probably know better than me, but I think the Caps had him playing out wide? 

3 hours ago, Soro17 said:

Looks to playing as #10 or withdrawn striker, which makes sense for his game (clever and quick, but not fast). Others probably know better than me, but I think the Caps had him playing out wide? 

He's in a good place club-wise and hopefully it provides the catalyst for better things for him down the road.

• 2 weeks later...

The source for everything good in SKC's play, just couldn't pick the final pass on the day.  It's clear Feilhaber has made him the focal point, for some reason on the apple tv stream, the microphone is so close to the team benches and you can hear Feilhaber screaming at the players to find him haha.

Edited by Footyeh

3 hours ago, Footyeh said:

The source for everything good in SKC's play, just couldn't pick the final pass on the day.  It's clear Feilhaber has made him the focal point, for some reason on the apple tv stream, the microphone is so close to the team benches and you can hear Feilhaber screaming at the players to find him haha.

Is he playing more up top like a 10 or say centrally ? 

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Is he playing more up top like a 10 or say centrally ? 

Seems to begin in a proper 10 but looks like he's being asked to drop deeper as an 8 and get involved in the build up