Canada vs El Salvador Sept 6th in Vancouver WCQ

Admin

7 hours ago, RJB said:

We have a chance on Tuesday, no matter how slim.  If our players are as good as we think they are, then they will win the game.  That's all I ask, is to see them take three points on Tuesday.  We need help from Mexico, so it's not in our hands, but all we can do, no matter what, is win, and let be what shall be.

These men have battled for us, and we will cheer them on.  Floro - despite what too many have said on here - has given us a chance every night, and has done his part too.  They deserve our love, they deserve our energy, and I will cheer again no matter what. 

So let's start with three points, and then go from there!

Its not only our players. They are the huge part but our coach does not get off scott free.

Our coach needs to deviate from his 4 1 4 1 for the first time ever and not start 3 or 4 centre backs and supplement that with negative subsitutions when goals are needed. 

I disagree floro has given us a chance every night. Some of his baffling decisions have hampered our chances. 

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prediction for Floro's Starting XI

-----------------------Larin---------------------

Hoilett----Edgar---Arfield--Akindele

----------------------Hutch---------------------

de Jong---James*-Jakovic--Henry

----------------------Borjan--------------------

...and a bunch of people will still be shocked.

20 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

I wouldn't be shocked, or even upset. But I would hope, given his other performances this round, that Larin is on a short leash.

I said it last year but bringing OO back in the mix would've been a good way to put some pressure on Larin. That's for me, is another reason to be critical of Floro. He had a chance to create a competitive environnement where our strikers would've to prove themselves to earn the starting spot but he basically gave it to Larin who's been unimpressive in a Canadian shirt. 

Also, just to bad Hamilton has started to get playing time only this year. I think, if he can get more chances in the future (not easy to be behind Altidore) he could push Larin.

50 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Outside of Borjan, I thought James was Canada's best player in Honduras. He played well against Mexico too.

4 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Outside of Borjan, I thought James was Canada's best player in Honduras. He played well against Mexico too.

He had some blunders. Shouldve been called for a PK in honduras. Got caught holding onto the ball and lost possesion in key areas as well. 

He wasnt horrible by any means. Not great either. 

4 minutes ago, shermanator said:

I thought Hutch was easily our best player outside of Borjan but there's a lot I like about James, especially the part where he scores against Honduras. Hopefully he'll only continue to improve but we desperately need some new talent to come in for the back line. 

James had a few nice moments (like the goal obviously) but also had several terrible blunders that should have directly led to goals so it's hard for me to say he looked good. Was certainly a step down from his performance vs. Mexico. He's a young player who barely plays for his club so inconsistency should be expected. Really outside of Borjan, Arfield and Hutch not one man showed quality you would expect for a team with a chance of qualifying for a World Cup.

28 minutes ago, rightback said:

I thought Hutch was easily our best player outside of Borjan but there's a lot I like about James, especially the part where he scores against Honduras. Hopefully he'll only continue to improve but we desperately need some new talent to come in for the back line. 

I saw him make numerous quality clearances in the early going. He seemed to have a rough go after he was injured in the first half.

51 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Really?  He had a couple of nice balls wins 1 v 1 and a top notch header for the goal but his play looked naive too many times (ball stripped, turnstiles, rash challenge, unaware of the late runner).  All that was before his injury issues.  Have to agree to disagree.

That said, I'm still a fan of his.  But that match was a good learning experience for him.

33 minutes ago, jonovision said:

James also had a lot of work cleaning up for Jakovic's utter lack of pace. If we were to make the Hex, I don't think we could afford to keep playing Dejan.

Given our back line issues, I really hope  Gasparotto keeps developing ... Not too many other promising CBs in the pipeline it seems, correct?

4 hours ago, jpg75 said:

Is Vegas accepting bets on Floro??? Hahaha. Does he go with the same lineup? Does he go with his stubborn same old tactics? Does he sub in D man with the score 0-0? Haha

You know what if he does this crap again with us needing to win HUGE I ask the CMNT to show some courage and stand up to no good reason and lack of judgement. Call it a revolt, a revolution, a mutiny, this is their chance to play at the WC and if they're going to have gramps ruin it all with his senile decisions they're better off tying him up and stuffing him in the janitors closet with the mop and bucket. And if Antonio is a dope they can throw him in too for all I care!!!

The Latin Americas may have had a point when tossing out their Spanish viceroys maybe it's Canada's turn to also call on the spirit of Simon Bolivar and have our libertad

I would never suggest that this should actually happen, for many good ethical and other reasons, but the following fantasy came to me in a daydream:

At the head office of the El Salvador FA, the phone rings;  it is a man representing the new CONCACAF president;

"I understand you are looking to upgrade your stadium / are applying to host an international tournament/ need some other random favour from the governing body"

"We were expecting your call.  Ask VIctor how many goals he would like us to concede against Canada  on Tueday"

1 minute ago, Dave said:

I would never suggest that this should actually happen, for many good ethical and other reasons, but the following fantasy came to me in a daydream:

At the head office of the El Salvador FA, the phone rings;  it is a man representing the new CONCACAF president;

"I understand you are looking to upgrade your stadium / are applying to host an international tournament/ need some other random favour from the governing body"

"We were expecting your call.  Ask VIctor how many goals he would like us to concede against Canada  on Tueday"

Welcome to the Vs Dave. LOL this probably how CONCACAF used to work... Or does it still??? Hehe who's in power now bitches! ??? jk

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Honestly, I wouldn't want that to be the way we advance to the HEX, but after that shit that Honduras pulled (i.e., not playing the ball back to us after we played it out due to injury), I also wouldn't be sad for them if that's the way they went out.

Diez has y'alls covered on the conspiracy theories (with references to Montagliani as CONCACAF president)

http://www.diez.hn/laseleccion/996791-99/alarma-nombraron-cuarteta-de-jamaica-para-juego-canada-vs-el-salvador

- Mark Geiger is reffing Mexico/Honduras.  Pinto asked CONCACAF for a ref change and was denied.  Geiger gave (sorry, "gave" per the article) Mexico two penalties in their Gold Cup victory over Panama.

- Canada has consistently been getting Caribbean refs for their matches, who are weaker and easier to influence due to the low rankings of their leagues.  References to the two missed penalties on Friday (weirdly no reference to the penalty in Mexico).  Valdin Legister is reffing our match on Tuesday, and since a Jamaican ref (Courtney Campbell) gave Mexico a penalty against Honduras in a match in 2009 that means the Jamaicans are on our side.

To the El Salvadorean dailies!

http://www.elgrafico.com/2016/09/04/no-me-parece-correcto-viajar-separados

There is some disappointment within the the team due to the split flight situation.  Deemed to be a lack of respect from the Federation.

http://www.elgrafico.com/2016/09/04/romero-podra-jugar-ante-canada

Henry Romero will play against us on Tuesday - he did not play against Mexico.  A bunch of quotes generally saying that they owe it to the fans to put in a good performance and will not just roll over for Canada to get to the hex.

http://www.elgrafico.com/2016/09/04/no-quieren-ser-trampolin-de-canada

Similar to the prior article, a bunch of stuff about not just letting us score a bunch of goals (too bad)

7 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

Is Vegas accepting bets on Floro??? Hahaha. Does he go with the same lineup? Does he go with his stubborn same old tactics? Does he sub in D man with the score 0-0? Haha

You know what if he does this crap again with us needing to win HUGE I ask the CMNT to show some courage and stand up to no good reason and lack of judgement. Call it a revolt, a revolution, a mutiny, this is their chance to play at the WC and if they're going to have gramps ruin it all with his senile decisions they're better off tying him up and stuffing him in the janitors closet with the mop and bucket. And if Antonio is a dope they can throw him in too for all I care!!!

The Latin Americas may have had a point when tossing out their Spanish viceroys maybe it's Canada's turn to also call on the spirit of Simon Bolivar and have our libertad

Men, if the ol' man is out to lunch you know what you got to do...

image.jpeg

Archived