Canada vs El Salvador Sept 6th in Vancouver WCQ

Admin

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy journey for El Salvador. After that late stunner in 89 min to tie it 2-2 vs Honduras at home.  

Unless Mexico come out and score like 4 goals 2nd half. There is going to be a massive amount of pressure on them to smash Honduras. Which I believe they will in Azteca. 

Problem now , El Salvador will play to win & if they play like this..... no chance we win by a couple goals vs them in 4 days

12 minutes ago, Soccerpro said:

People here talking tie breakers? 

With our team that has scored 2 goals in 5 games? 

Dont lose any sleep over it.

Last time around we only had conceed 2 in 5 games before the Honduras game and managed to conceed 8. So I'm confident we'll manage the opposite if that makes any sense ;)

Goooal!

If this scoreline holds..... it really is a dream scenario(as best as possible).

1) El Salvador demoralized being within 45 mins from a great spot and not giving a &#+$&#+% about last match. 

2) Mexicans finding rhythm and wanting to bury Honduras and put on a show and, for pride for fans after getting smashed in gold cup.

I tske my comment back that El Salvador would survive cause tactics developed since youth.... my emotions have been a roller coaster today. I was wrong.

The Mexocan media and public will want blood against Honduras that's for sure and to quench the thirst El Tri will have to go golaso on Honduras. I'm hoping for a full out assault with stars. They won't want to get shamed on home soil. Also giving Honduras the boot from the hex and let "minnows" Canada in the back door will make their life easier. 

Could not agree more with you moldy9.

If Mexico can bury 3 goals in 30 mins against a team that hasn't even looked that bad defensively..... anything is possible.

We all know what can happen when you "play to tie".

I'm trying to be as least bias as possible, overall I wasn't overly impressed with Honduras defensively.

If Mexicans play like they have this 2nd half.... and El Salvador basically gives up against us..... 

Well.... we just went from 5%- 50% :)

I'm serious I could see Mexico winning by 2-3 goals..... meaning we would need to win by 2-3 goals. 

Time for Floro and the boys to go for it. Lego!

3-1 Mexico. Probably good way to end the game for us. Mexico gets shamed a bit, want blood next time and could kill Honduras. El Salvador puts it all out there and looks like they could pull off an upset until collapsing, arriving in Vancouver disenchanted. 

Not saying it will happen, but this is about as good of a setup as we could ask for from Mexico

We know we have to play for a win, and a big win. Insert any sport cliche - now or never, back against the wall, etc etc. 

If we sit back and play defensive the first 60 minutes I will pull the remaining hair I have left out and join the anti - Floro chorus. 

Come to think of this. I like it. It finally puts Benito in a corner where he HAS to play offensive soccer. No pussy willowing around now!!! You have to play attack and score at least 3 if not 4. This should be entertaining. If we can't go for the kill and score goals I personally think we don't belong in the Hex. I feel Floro's TTT has prevented Canada from scoring goals and getting results - just like the missed chance vs ESV C team. Hey Larin! Better get ready to finally bring it and not act like a pylon. This is going to be suited to your style so I expect Cyle to perform. He better. 

Archived