Canada vs El Salvador Sept 6th in Vancouver WCQ

Admin

14 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Canada Soccer has forwarded the appropriate information to FIFA Integrity concerning the media reports of El Salvador receiving an offer in relation to the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Qualifiers match against Canada to be played on 6 September in Vancouver, BC. FIFA Integrity, in collaboration with CONCACAF, has opened a preliminary investigation and the matter now rests with FIFA. All further media requests should be directed to FIFA.

Peter Montopoli, General Secretary, Canada Soccer

http://canadasoccer.com/statement-from-canada-soccer-p159877

Hey, maybe Honduras will be banished from the rest of qualifying and we'll get to go through!

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha El Salvadoreans want the team to tank now because they're pissed that Honduras thought they had to bribe them

Also some El Salvadorean players went out to buy 'winter clothes' on their own because the federation won't buy them any (too bad we didn't play them when it was actually cold...)

21 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Canada Soccer has forwarded the appropriate information to FIFA Integrity concerning the media reports of El Salvador receiving an offer in relation to the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Qualifiers match against Canada to be played on 6 September in Vancouver, BC. FIFA Integrity, in collaboration with CONCACAF, has opened a preliminary investigation and the matter now rests with FIFA. All further media requests should be directed to FIFA.

Peter Montopoli, General Secretary, Canada Soccer

http://canadasoccer.com/statement-from-canada-soccer-p159877

Come on Pete! Carry us to the hex

30 minutes ago, theaub said:

haha El Salvadoreans want the team to tank now because they're pissed that Honduras thought they had to bribe them

Also some El Salvadorean players went out to buy 'winter clothes' on their own because the federation won't buy them any (too bad we didn't play them when it was actually cold...)

If we were playing them outside in Toronto today it would be -5 Celsius. Stupid CSA.

I know this was debated extensively on here but  when our guys were wilting in the extreme Honduran heat and humidity I am hoping the CSA remembers that for future qualifying rounds when we have the opportunity to take these teams out of their comfort zone! There is a good chance we could have padded our lead against Honduras and maybe given up less than the 3 goals vs Mexico had we played those matches outside in cold weather!

38 minutes ago, theaub said:

The Salvadorean players are blaming their Fed for just about everything. Bonilla who was named Capt. told a journalist he was "sick of this mess" and essentially blamed FESFUT for cheaping out on keeping Albert Roca as coach and then forcing the players to strike. No chartered flights, players flying in batches and missing training sessions etc.

2 hours ago, Califax said:

If we were playing them outside in Toronto today it would be -5 Celsius. Stupid CSA.

FWIW, it will probably be about 10-12C at game time tonight. Not freezing by any stretch, but cold enough for my basement in floor heating to come in. ES will probably be decked out in long sleeves and gloves. 

If Canada can keep it tight at the back and actually play with a bit of passion and belief then anything is possible, no point sitting back tonight and hoping for the best, Canada need to attack from the 1st min and pile the pressure on ES. Changing it up wouldn't hurt either, maybe try someone up front with Larin or at least encourage midfielders to get up the pitch and try to help out going forward.

Yes, Larin has been far from impressive in the red jersey, but he seems to be isolated a lot up top on his own and he also drifts in and out of games so the midfield have to do their best to get him the balls he needs, I don't know how good Larin is off the ball as I have never seen him play live but he doesn't seem to be the most mobile striker out there, but runs into channels is what Canada needs tonight and Larin should be the guy who is looking to make those runs.

32 minutes ago, Soro17 said:

FWIW, it will probably be about 10-12C at game time tonight. Not freezing by any stretch, but cold enough for my basement in floor heating to come in. ES will probably be decked out in long sleeves and gloves. 

Speaking of long sleeves, I noticed Hutchinson was wearing a long sleeved shirt in the Honduras game Friday.

Archived