• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Larin - Akindele 

hoilett - johnson - osorio - arfield

Hutchinson 

James/Jakovic - Edgar - Henry 

Bojan 

IMO my starting Xl for tuesday's game at BC place If Folor has any plans of making it rain goals. 

2 hours ago, theaub said:

Per Grafico, the foreign players (outside of Denis Pineda) are taking a 'separate flight' to Vancouver from the rest of the national team.  I have no idea what that means.

Here's the article:

http://www.elgrafico.com/2016/09/03/el-salvador-viajara-a-canada-en-dos-grupos

There wasn't room on the flight to Houstin for all the players. The foreigners leave at noon today (literally right now as i type) - missing todays training session - and the rest fly tomorrow at 6am. They will all fly as one group from Houston to Vancouver tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Here's the article:

http://www.elgrafico.com/2016/09/03/el-salvador-viajara-a-canada-en-dos-grupos

There wasn't room on the flight to Houstin for all the players. The foreigners leave at noon today (literally right now as i type) - missing todays training session - and the rest fly tomorrow at 6am. They will all fly as one group from Houston to Vancouver tomorrow.

Get JDG down there to show them the town tonight!

6 hours ago, Floortom said:

Floro will play for the nil-nil draw and hope Mexico wins by 6

nice. I was going to say he will play for the tie, and then hope for Honduras to get kicked out of the tournament for whatever reason, then we could go in their place.  Seems more realistic then overturning a 5 goal deficit

Floro can't go soon enough. He says he couldn't select Will Johnson because it is critical players are able to play 90 minutes. Half the team he fielded couldn't play for 90 minutes. And that just compounds it onto the other players who can play 90 - you could see Arfield couldn't even move anymore at the end.

Putting players in their natural position and starting players that are getting 90 minutes week in and week out can't be overstated. Our players relative to Honduras are very comparable. Mario Martinez looks like Messi when he plays us but is he really significantly better than Osorio, Teibert, Johnson, Aird...

5 hours ago, theaub said:

Per Grafico, the foreign players (outside of Denis Pineda) are taking a 'separate flight' to Vancouver from the rest of the national team.  I have no idea what that means.

Beautiful,  the non foreign players will all be having a "discussion" on the flight :) and all start. Absolutely nothing for them to play for except PRIDE.  El Salvador will have more PRIDE in watching Honduras be eliminated, not even joking.  Even the El Salvadorians want their team to lose by 5 goals, rough times for their federation.

Larin hat trick in coming. 

Incredibly "fishy" if we miraculously score 3 goals this match considering we have scored 3 goals this round.

If Honduras don't advance though, they can only blame themselves ...... giving up that "89 min goal for a 2-2 tie vs El Salvador. :)

Amazing we can't produce a quality RB aside from Hutch or a more defensive LB.

Not sure why people seem to think having Ledgerwood at RB would have been our saving grace. Ledgerwood isn't strong and he's slow. In my opinion he  would have gotten scorched to pieces as a RB in that game & when Boniek Garcia came on, it would have gotten real ugly for him out there as our RB. People forget there is a reason  Ledgerwood is no longer starting as a defender in Germany's 3rd-4th division.  Nothing against Ledgerwood, always wears the country flag with pride but maybe our overall assessment of talent may be different. I don't watch the NASL but from what I've read on here he's playing as a mid anyways. Guess we will never know, but if you think he was our savior at RB for a result in Honduras, I respect your opinion. 

As for Aird at RB, his work ethic there but still lacking a strong first touch.....a poor first touch could also have been a disaster at RB on that sponge of a pitch vs stronger faster defenders.

I'm not saying Floro got it right by any means at RB with Henry, I'm just saying I don't see it making a difference, who we had in our current player pool.

As for Dejong at LB, well I see him more as a midfielder and as a result it cost us defensively.  

If you ask Hutch or JDG or Arfield what happened on the 2nd goal .....100% they would say "we lost our shape or formation", pretty obvious, pretty unfortunate. oh well

5 hours ago, apbsmith said:

As for Aird at RB, his work ethic there but still lacking a strong first touch.....a poor first touch could also have been a disaster at RB on that sponge of a pitch vs stronger faster defenders.

Personally I'm more inclined to hope for Aird to make an appearance on the left of midfield. He is a good crosser of the ball and Larin might actually get some service with Aird on the wing.

Edit: Yeesh. I meant RIGHT midfield. 

We have to play a 4-3-3 lineup to have a chance to score tuesday. Hoillet can be subbed early at halftime for Haber and move Akindele or Ricketts back We have played with 1 up front for far too long.

Akindele              Larin        Jackson

Arfield               Hutchinson       Hoilet

Dejong            James         Vittoria         Henry     

6 hours ago, Alex1775 said:

Larin - Akindele 

hoilett - johnson - osorio - arfield

Hutchinson 

James/Jakovic - Edgar - Henry 

Bojan 

IMO my starting Xl for tuesday's game at BC place If Folor has any plans of making it rain goals. 

You have 2 guys listed who aren't actually called in!!!!

4 hours ago, apbsmith said:

Beautiful,  the non foreign players will all be having a "discussion" on the flight :) and all start. Absolutely nothing for them to play for except PRIDE.  El Salvador will have more PRIDE in watching Honduras be eliminated, not even joking.  Even the El Salvadorians want their team to lose by 5 goals, rough times for their federation.

Larin hat trick in coming. 

Incredibly "fishy" if we miraculously score 3 goals this match considering we have scored 3 goals this round.

If Honduras don't advance though, they can only blame themselves ...... giving up that "89 min goal for a 2-2 tie vs El Salvador. :)

Remember the soccer war between El Salvador and Honduras in 1969.....

Salvadorians will be happy if Honduras is out.

http://www.soccerblog.com/2006/04/the-soccer-wars-honduras-and-e.htm

1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

Guys don't get your hopes up, it's going to be a dog fight.

Yes I agree now, unless he is "on the take" which I doubt, it will be a true dog fight.

Mainly because not only will he be shunned out of El Salvador but also in his native homeland for allowing a massive scoreline to happen and costing his native country.  I'm in a shock a Honduran is their National team coach, is what it is.

Will need to hope the players are in "let down mode" .  The big key will be a goal within the first 25. 

I wouldn't find it that fishy if we scored 3 goals, our players should have more desire in this game since the other team has nothing to play for. And up until now, that other team has been the weakest team in the group and not a defensive juggernaut. We haven't put ourselves in enough positions to score 3 goals, but then we haven't tried very hard either in terms of putting players up the pitch. If it happens, it's likely going to be from more goals from set pieces.

I could see us going up 2-0 and then giving up a goal on the counter because we are pressing for a third. If Mexico could put three past Honduras by half time, that would be nice.

Somewhat amazing though that, assuming Mexico beats Honduras, there will be a team with a losing record making the Hex (a round where only the bottom third are eliminated after 10 freakin games are played - a qualifying system which still makes no sense to me0.

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

Somewhat amazing though that, assuming Mexico beats Honduras, there will be a team with a losing record making the Hex (a round where only the bottom third are eliminated after 10 freakin games are played - a qualifying system which still makes no sense to me0.

This. A certain team won a total of 2 games out of 10 in the last hex and STILL made it to the world cup.  Meanwhile everyone else in the region has their program essentially sent into the wilderness for 4 years.  Should be a double hex or an expanded final group of 8 or 10 teams.  

We have a chance on Tuesday, no matter how slim.  If our players are as good as we think they are, then they will win the game.  That's all I ask, is to see them take three points on Tuesday.  We need help from Mexico, so it's not in our hands, but all we can do, no matter what, is win, and let be what shall be.

These men have battled for us, and we will cheer them on.  Floro - despite what too many have said on here - has given us a chance every night, and has done his part too.  They deserve our love, they deserve our energy, and I will cheer again no matter what. 

So let's start with three points, and then go from there!

Archived