Raheem Edwards

Dub Narcotic

• 2 months later...

Wow...  $400K in TAM for a player making, what, $100 at most?  I suppose if Chicago had no intentions of using the TAM and Montreal does, it's a good piece of business for both.  Hope Edwards gets playing time.  Don't know the Fire roster well enough to guess whether he would.

43 minutes ago, Keegan said:

400k in fake money let’s call a spade a spade.  I don’t think Raheem would actually get you that.

No I totally get that.  TAM is only valuable to a team that has someone lined up to use it on, which presumably the Impact do and the Fire don't.  That's why I think it's probably a win-win.  Fire convert their fake money into a real asset, and the Impact flip an player they're not using (or aren't happy with) for 4+ times his salary in funny money with which they can purchase an aging guy with a higher pedigree and salary that they will let go next year.  ;)   Hope saladroit's right and Edwards lights it up in Chicago proving Garde wrong.  Now we just need to find a team that will appreciate and use Jackson-Hamel.

2 hours ago, Keegan said:

What’s up with Raheem though?  It seemed there were hints that something wasn’t right in his personal life or he wasn’t committed. 

Toronto kid poached from Montreal after a breakout season ..... 

Nuff said. 

5 hours ago, saladroit said:

This is a great move for Edwards. He's got a great chance to be starting on the LW, with Katai at RW. Chicago have needed a pacey winger after Accam's depature, so Edwards will fill that void.

I think he was at his best when playing LWB or LB with TFC. Outside one or two games, I can't say he stood out too much playing on the wing for the Impact.

28 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

I think he was at his best when playing LWB or LB with TFC. Outside one or two games, I can't say he stood out too much playing on the wing for the Impact.

I can't recall him playing LB in a back four at all with TFC last season. The majority of his minutes were spent as an attacking wingback, with the occasional late sub appearance as a winger. Oh, and that one game in New England where he partnered Seba up top. 

3 hours ago, Jith12 said:

Poor guy, traded on his birthday. That's gotta be pretty tough.

It's the curse of being a Canadian linked to both Toronto FC and Montreal Impact. Do you not remember Issey? (Bekker doesn't count)

Edited by matty

1 hour ago, Vince193 said:

Looked really good in his debut for the fire, getting an assist too. I really hope to see him finish the season strongly. Will be a very good option off the bench for Canada. 

He looked like Chicago's most dangerous player that game, should have had another assist as well.

I'm glad he got out of Montreal. Hopefully after that debut he can keep the starting spot and run with it.

Love Raheem, but man you can see what people in Montreal were talking about. He looks so lazy off the ball, I guess its probably just his style, but at some points on the counter attack he was just jogging when he shouldve been sprinting, making a clever run, adding another option to the attack to overload the defense. 

All that said, he was still the most dangerous player for Chicago and it was fun to watch. Just super frustraiting to see him play so lazy when you think about just how good he could be if he had say, Teibert's engine and drive. If he adds that to his game I could see him playing at a much higher level. All the skill in the world.