Upcoming HON vs. SLV Matches

Tuscan

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

Wow, Leveron going nowhere fast. 

As a Caps fan.  Feel bad for Leveron.  I thought he was one of the most technically gifted CB we saw in Vancouver, but he was slow against closing down defenders.  I thought he had the tools to latch on to another MLS club, but seems not many willing to give him a chance.  

14 hours ago, apbsmith said:

Mexico will play mostly their B and fringe players vs El Salvador with first place locked up.

I do believe at home in front of the Azteca crowd vs Honduras, more regulars will play and Mexico will beat Honduras easily to end the semi final round.

I will say it once and will say it again, if Mexico drops any points this round it will be the away game in El Salvador. Only based on the fact, they have 1st place locked up, it is an away game, will be a long season for the regulars (COPA), and game will be played on a very poor quality field.  You can bet chicarito and others don't see the pitch in that game in El Salvador. Luckily mexico has depth, and I am not saying Mexico won't win, but that is where I could see them potentially not collecting all 18 points.

So decide who you want to cheer for, but I am still always cheering for a tie.

Mexico 12

Canada 4

El Salvador 3

Honduras 2

Every one says we missed that huge opportunity in El Salvador, we did and it sucked Larin couldn't finish 2x. Honestly, I am just glad Borjan made that huge breakaway save and we didn't lose that game! You can reference back and many people predicting Canada would get max 3 points, lucky even 2 points. As an optimist but realist, for the final 2 games, I just wanted us to be in the position we likely now will be in/.... need 3-6 points from our final 2 games. 

Is that table representative of El Salvador getting a tie in Honduras? I don't think anyone disagrees that would be the best case scenario.

http://miseojeu.lotoquebec.com/en/betting-offer/soccer/world-cup/matches?idEve=249418

Loto Québec has a Honduras Win at 1.45,   Draw at 3.25 &  El Salvador win at 5.30

The odds are not in our favour but when have they ever been?

EDIT:

Also El Salvador coach shows his players the movie Kung Fu Panda?!?!?

http://www.laprensagrafica.com/2016/03/29/maradiaga-vimos-kung-fu-panda-porque-nos-sirvio-para-reflexionar

EDIT 2:

7 minutes ago, scullion44 said:

What worries me is Mexico playing it easy in the last match vs Honduras. Is there any chance this happens?

It could but I don't see it happening.  They don't like Honduras and will want to protect home field.  I think anything less than a win at home and their fans go crazy.

Archived