Upcoming HON vs. SLV Matches

Tuscan

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

That goal is going to put us in a tough position.  Canada can't rely on other countries to qualify.  They have to earn points themselves.

That goal didn't put us in a tough position.

Canada drawing against a 2nd string squad in a half filled stadium in El Salvador put us in a tough position.

24 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

And 4 goals scored. It's going to be nearly impossible to win the GD tiebreaker.

So, what are our chances of getting a draw in Honduras? 20%? 30%?

0% if the bulk of our players continue to play like cowards and our coach makes insane decisions

Floro: time to call up Osorio for SLV match. Put your ego aside, bud, this is for the whole country, not yourself.

For SLV, if by some act of god Floro wakes up:

-----------------------Larin-----------------------
Hoilett--------------Osorio--------------------Arfield 
----------Hutchinson-------Johnson-------------
De Jong-----EDGAR----Jakovic---Ledgerwood

or I'd love to see

-------------Larin-------Cavallini-----------
Hoilett----Hutchinson---Johnson---Arfield
-------------Same back line---------------

3 hours ago, Soccerpro said:

That goal didn't put us in a tough position.

Canada drawing against a 2nd string squad in a half filled stadium in El Salvador put us in a tough position.

Yep. I said it then and I'll say it again. They dropped the ball playing for the draw in ES vs a B team! They had to win that game. Anytime you can take 3pts is icing on the cake. Our players are not that bad not to beat a B ES side. 

5 hours ago, scullion44 said:

I can see it now. We lose to Honduras but they lose 3-0 to mexico and we beat EL Salvador 3-0...A man can dream...

That would still mean we are out tho.

11 minutes ago, canta15 said:

That would still mean we are out tho.

Our GD is -4 and Honduras is -1 at the moment. Let say we lose by one goal in Honduras. Honduras has 7 pts and their GD is 0 and ours is -5. They lose 3-0 in Mexico, they are now -3. We win 3-0 against El Salvador, we are -2. If GD is the tiebreaker, we go through with that unlikely scenario.

On 3/30/2016 at 11:56 PM, Soccerpro said:

How does anyone see us scoring a goal in Homduras at this rate?

Historically, we usually do (even when we've been offensively challenged - which has always been the case). I'm trying to think of the last time we didn't score in Honduras when we played them. I am thinking possibly 1981 but I think even then we lost 2-1.

Of course, keeping them off the scoresheet in Honduras has been an increasingly difficult proposition, but then that is precisely the issue that Floroball is designed to address. So it had better.do so

Archived