Canada in FIFA 16

Blackdude

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG OMG OMG AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

But seriously, playing RTWC 2006 was the reason I recognized the names Hutchinson and Hume when I tuned in a Gold Cup game vs the US in 2007. Video games made me love Canadian soccer. 

If anyone cares Hutchinson is Canada's highest rated player by far with 77.

Edit: Ironically In career mode Canada will get an automatic bid to the World Cup.

Canada has been in the World Cup games they trot out every 4 years, last one was basically FIFA 14 but with WCQ instead of some other modes.  Still, this will hopefully be big for fostering awareness and loyalty from the video game-playing youngsters under 14 etc

I love how with the latest one, you could actually play with a 15 year old Piette.

http://www.futhead.com/16/players/?nation=70&group=all

Here is a list of canadian rankings. So stoked for the national team being in the game. Now I can create myself on the canadian team, and manage the canadian team to world cup glory, and only scout and sign canadian players in the career mode. 

I wonder if there will be some other national team players that are in the free agent pool which has been done in the past with other countries, then maybe we could see guys like JDG, Borjan, Piette in the game. 

http://www.futhead.com/16/players/?nation=70&group=all

Here is a list of canadian rankings. So stoked for the national team being in the game. Now I can create myself on the canadian team, and manage the canadian team to world cup glory, and only scout and sign canadian players in the career mode.

I wonder if there will be some other national team players that are in the free agent pool which has been done in the past with other countries, then maybe we could see guys like JDG, Borjan, Piette in the game.

India had all their players on their team despite not being on club teams in the game.

Drogba was still on ivory coast while playing in china.

FIFA should use Football Manager as a reference for their ratings, they are horrible outside of the main clubs/leagues.  Look at Teibert's attributes... they aren't even close, maybe swap his pace and passing and that would be more accurate and Vancouver is the official team of FIFA :huh: .  Also doesn't look like we have a keeper.  Hopefully Hoilett isn't on the squad, but then again hopefully it pisses him off because well, screw him.  

Regardless it doesn't matter, we're in the game... RTWC doesn't matter as a fraction purchases the game every four years.  This is legitimately huge news for Canadian soccer, this automatically quadruples our current exposure.  And how embarrassing would it have been if they put in our Women's team but left out our men's?  Not a knock on our Women at all but I'm sure we're all tired of hearing from casual fans how our Women could beat our Men, I hate having to explain how our U17 team could more than likely get a result against our Women and that our Men would be ranked 11th in the World too if only a few countries played seriously :rolleyes: .  I said to a friend actually that if the CSA gave FIFA licensing for our Women's team and didn't make it a condition that our Men are also in the game they would be the biggest fools on the planet.  Who knows if they did that or if EA finally realized, "hey, we make the game in Canada maybe we should put the national team in" but obviously India with all their success deserved a team first... 

No Ricketts, Straith, Ledgerwood?

Those are only players found within the leagues in Fifa 16. They will most likely have Canada's roster up-to-date with each international break.

Surprised Costa Rica isn't a new team with Canada.

But more importantly...Hoilett got 90 for pace, acceleration, and sprint speed?  He was pretty fast at Blackburn...but I was under the impression that he's slowed a lot as his body has filled out.  Am I out to lunch here?  And if so, is Junior going to join me for a few cheeseburgers?

Keep in mind that those stats listed by nazzer are Ultimate Team ratings.  These ratings are not always identical to the ratings of the players in the main game (though it could be debated that Ultimate Team is now their main game), especially when they start with their roster updates.

After buying this game for a number of years, I'm taking a pass on FIFA 16.  A company can treat their customers as wallets for only so long.

Surprised Costa Rica isn't a new team with Canada.

But more importantly...Hoilett got 90 for pace, acceleration, and sprint speed?  He was pretty fast at Blackburn...but I was under the impression that he's slowed a lot as his body has filled out.  Am I out to lunch here?  And if so, is Junior going to join me for a few cheeseburgers?

90 is pretty fast in a suit sitting in the bleachers. Maybe that is pace, acceleration and speed of his eyes watching his teammates playing on the pitch, because that might make more sense

Archived