Canada in FIFA 16

Blackdude

Guys, Canada has been in Football Manager for years?

Yes but FM probably has 1/100th of the FIFA market in Canada (and that's being generous).  

I played our qualifying group in FM '16 and let's just say...it doesn't end well.

I assume you mean FM 2015?  I had a group with El Salvador, USA and Honduras.. USA finished dead last in the group and missed the Hex it was magical.  I grabbed a draw against Serbia in the WC and a smash and grab win in the last 2 minutes against Colombia before losing to Italy 3-0 in the 2nd round... Ferguson, Gasparotto and Hamilton turned out to be key players in my version.  

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but FM probably has 1/100th of the FIFA market in Canada (and that's being generous).  

I assume you mean FM 2015?  I had a group with El Salvador, USA and Honduras.. USA finished dead last in the group and missed the Hex it was magical.  I grabbed a draw against Serbia in the WC and a smash and grab win in the last 2 minutes against Colombia before losing to Italy 3-0 in the 2nd round... Ferguson, Gasparotto and Hamilton turned out to be key players in my version.  

Yeah whatever the newest one is

Even got (almost) the right schedule

CAN 1-2 HON

ESV 1-1 CAN

CAN 3-4 MEX

HON 4-1 CAN

CAN 1-0 ESV

MEX 4-0 CAN

gulp

I also turned TFC into the de-facto national training program (which I've done in every FM ever) and now its like 2019 and I'm just clowning countries since my international tactic knowledge is at 100%.  Beat the US and Mexico in the Gold Cup (and lost to El Salvador in the finals aaaaugh)

I kind of figured this would happen because it would be a big diss to CMNT if only the CWNT was in the game. I'm truly happy that I can lead Canada during the Manager Career mode going to take a lot of work. Can't wait to start looking for Canadian players and find hidden gems during career mode. Excited for next week....

They are good enough to play in their national team and win awards but not good enough for the NCAA to be in a video game.  What the heck!

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer

It's not a "good enough" thing. Basically the NCAA and EA got a ton of crap for featuring amateur athletes in their NCAA football games, because they're essentially profiting off of likeness without the athletes being allowed to be compensated. This is a continuation of that.

Def going to ask for this game for Xmas. Along w Fallout 4. Anyway will def be a Canadian manager and eventually take the reigns of the Nats and lead them through WCQ. Can't remember, if you qualify for the WC in regular FIFA (not in like FIFA WC Brazil) do you still play in the World Cup? It would actually check off a box in my life, to play as Canada in the WC in FIFA lol. Also looking forward to winning the WWC as Canada and somehow getting Nichelle Prince and Janine Beckie on the squad.

You should all do yourselves a favour and pick up PES 2016 instead. It's out already and vastly superiour to FIFA 2016.

Thread/

How? I've played both games in the past and PES has never really impressed me, haven't played it in years TBH but it always seemed like an arcade game. 

How? I've played both games in the past and PES has never really impressed me, haven't played it in years TBH but it always seemed like an arcade game.

It's always been the simulation imo. It was the better soccer game around 2003 to about 2007 before falling by the wayside. However, this current iteration has put it back on top.

The how is a good question. It's just one of those things you feel when playing it. It just feels a lot more organic for lack of a better word.

You should all do yourselves a favour and pick up PES 2016 instead. It's out already and vastly superiour to FIFA 2016.

Thread/

Oh yea i love playing with the London Blues and Manchester Reds

When a buddy of mine said you can dive in the game...I instantly thought it to be an arcade soccer game. Soo you just confirmed my theory.

Archived