Canada in FIFA 16

Blackdude

Only took 2 days to get offered the Canadian national team job. I'm going to scour and develops the shit out of Canadian players and make us a powerhouse.

What I just said is truly sad in a way. Getting pumped over a team in a video game :(

If you like that part, don't even both with manager mode.  Play Football Manager :D

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Random question but I'm not much of a gamer so I'm lost. I bought fifa16 for 360 but in my career mode it doesn't give me the training option or any of the other "new features" that career mode is supposed to have. Am I missing something ?

Yeah, you forgot to check the reviews online to find out that none of the new features are on the 360, only on xbox1. This is what caused me to stop my hold out and buy a one

Yeah I'm just going to hold out for a PS4 when it goes on sale.

Up until yesterday, Best Buy was selling a regular priced PS4 bundle with FIFA 16 and NHL 16.  So you basically got FIFA for free.  That being said, my annoyance with EA has grown so high over the last couple years that I'm taking a pass on the game.

So I created Borjan, Petrasso, Aird, Aleman and Gasparotto, and all are low 60s (Luca is in the 50s, Borjan is a 70) and I start a new career with TFC. I sign Borjan, who is still a 70. I take over Canada a little while into my Career and now I see that the other four are all in the 80s. Apparently created players have potentials of 94. Is there anyway around this? I kind of don't want to ROFLstomp, even though I could. 

Up until yesterday, Best Buy was selling a regular priced PS4 bundle with FIFA 16 and NHL 16.  So you basically got FIFA for free.  That being said, my annoyance with EA has grown so high over the last couple years that I'm taking a pass on the game.

Looks like its still a thing at EB, might go grab one this week.

4 or 5 years ago, I think the guy who picked the teams of the week must have been a Canadian national team fan because you could make an entire team of Canadian in forms (which I did).  If I recall correctly, in one season, Dero, Hoilett, Edgar, Jackson, DeGuzman, and Simpson all got IFs.  Since then, there hasn`t been a Canadian inform since Bernier, and Johnson were allstars in the same year, so they both got MLS team of the season cards.

• 2 weeks later...

Borjan is now in but isn't only the third highest rated goalie in the Canadian pool.

If I remember right there is usually a roster update every friday so hopefully by the end of the week the 3 others mentioned about will be added. Only problem would be their ratings.

Borjan is now in but isn't only the third highest rated goalie in the Canadian pool.

If I remember right there is usually a roster update every friday so hopefully by the end of the week the 3 others mentioned about will be added. Only problem would be their ratings.

Borjan is so bad in the game. He's a 61. And his model has hair! It's actually pretty annoying.

Going through the paces with the team in FIFA 16, and honestly I have difficulties with the midfield. There isn't a real way for me to play Hutch (who declines quickly), Johnson, Osorio and Teibert in the same line-up. Especially as I use Akindele and Larin up top. (I wish Cavallini was in my career, my third striker is a passable, but growing, Jackson-Hamel.) Also my RMs are limited since Petrasso is the only real option. I typically use Ouimette as my RB and my GK is a low rated Borjan. At some point as they grow I'll add in Chapman, Carreiro and Piette into my squad. LM is a swap between Hoilett and Tissot. Occean and de Guzman become unusable after the first in game season.

Still love the fact the team is in the game.

Going through the paces with the team in FIFA 16, and honestly I have difficulties with the midfield. There isn't a real way for me to play Hutch (who declines quickly), Johnson, Osorio and Teibert in the same line-up. Especially as I use Akindele and Larin up top. (I wish Cavallini was in my career, my third striker is a passable, but growing, Jackson-Hamel.) Also my RMs are limited since Petrasso is the only real option. I typically use Ouimette as my RB and my GK is a low rated Borjan. At some point as they grow I'll add in Chapman, Carreiro and Piette into my squad. LM is a swap between Hoilett and Tissot. Occean and de Guzman become unusable after the first in game season.

Still love the fact the team is in the game.

Yeah it's freaking awesome. I still haven't got around to playing with Canada, as I have so many other PS4 games to play, but I will eventually.

Was excited at first at Canada's inclusion so I can actually play for my own country as a Virtual Pro (instead of Northern Ireland or Scotland)... but my player is a ST rated at 84 (far higher than the current pool), and I've only gotten one call-up in 3 seasons? Wonder what weird selection criteria they use...

Was excited at first at Canada's inclusion so I can actually play for my own country as a Virtual Pro (instead of Northern Ireland or Scotland)... but my player is a ST rated at 84 (far higher than the current pool), and I've only gotten one call-up in 3 seasons? Wonder what weird selection criteria they use...

A problem  now is with so few CONCACAF teams in the game there isn't the gold cup and we automatically qualify for the World Cup so there is only friendlies to play and the world cup. the friendlies might not be happening often for Canada in your save file.

A problem  now is with so few CONCACAF teams in the game there isn't the gold cup and we automatically qualify for the World Cup so there is only friendlies to play and the world cup. the friendlies might not be happening often for Canada in your save file.

are you sure you automatically qualify for the World Cup with Canada? I believe in the past if you controlled USA they would make you qualify against all random teams ( euro, South America, etc)

also, for those of you playing career mode, is it easy to get fired because the last couple of games they teased possibly getting fired but it never happened for me, they were always very lenient.

what about taking job offers. I remember in last years game if I would switch once, it wouldn't allow me to switch again regardless of my performance. I think the game was set up to only make u switch once.

can I have your thoughts!?

With Friday coming and going, are the changes in the Canada team updated on FIFA 16?

Archived