TFC Roster Thread for 2014 Season

Gian-Luca

So, Hutchinson should leave a Champions league team for the shit show that is TFC? Why would he ever do that?

Well he not on a Champions League team right now but why come play in MLS because he would be playing in his country. He would be a top MLS Canadian player and hopefully draw even more fans. As he gets older gain experience to be a manager that's if he wanted to do so manage an MLS club. Come January I would like to see all Canadian MLS clubs push to bring him to the league. Why not have him join this league?

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard from a very reliable source that Bradley is disliked by many in the TFC room.. he's very hard on teammates and when you're not doing the business yourself and making $6 million a year that is going to happen.

And we're bringing in an American coach who is going to play favourites with him it seems (2010 Preki anyone?).  This could turn ugly if we don't win right away.

Was a foul he needed to take after Hagglund's mistake too. Sucks for Morgan, finally get back in, and you have to take a red to cover for your CB.

In fairness to Hagglund, his "mistake" on the play was kicking the ball into Le Toux's outstretched arm that was deliberately extended to block his pass. Which actually should have been a yellow on Le Toux and a foul in favour of TFC.

I think you are correct Gian-Luca, upon further review it looked like the ball came off of Le Toux's arm, Hagglund can't be blamed for that! As I wrote in another thread, Morgan took one for the team there and did real well to even catch him to prevent a clear one on one with the keeper!

I think you are correct Gian-Luca, upon further review it looked like the ball came off of Le Toux's arm, Hagglund can't be blamed for that! As I wrote in another thread, Morgan took one for the team there and did real well to even catch him to prevent a clear one on one with the keeper!

It was a bad clearance by Hagglund regardless of whether or not it hit Le Toux's arm (from the far away replay it looks to me like it came off his head but maybe there is a different angle/closer shot that shows otherwise). Nevertheless, Hagglund should not have put that ball anywhere near Le Toux. It was a horrible reception and control of the ball followed by a hesitation and poor clearance, a real error. I don't think Morgan can be blamed though. I think he might have caught him had he kept running but he slowed down a bit to pull him down. Le Toux was approaching the box so it would still have been risky to try to catch him and even if he caught him he might still have scored so he took the safest option in what was a split second decision. I don't think you can fault Morgan for that, indeed his red is fully on Hagglund. 

I realize Vanney has only had one week in charge, but they play exactly like they did under Nelsen. The tactics are the same and the end results are the same too.

At least he doesn't sugar coat it in the post game press conferences. But can he get the team to play differently?

• 2 weeks later...

TFC signs Chris Mannella

Toronto FC signs academy product

Toronto FC announced Monday that the club has signed KIA Toronto FC Academy midfielder Christopher Mannella as a Homegrown Player. He becomes the tenth player in club history to sign for the first team. As per team and league policy terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Source: http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2014/09/tfc-signs-chris-mannella

I watched a fair bit of the Sacramento - Wilmington USL playoff game. Wilmington was completely overrun by Sacramento (featuring many ex-Ventura Country players :) ). Kaye looked dangerous when he was on the ball but at this point in his career he doesn't have the skill set to grind out a performance in a tough matchup like that. Given he played at TFCA and York, he probably hasn't been in a game like that for a long time. Aparicio came on in the second half but was pretty much anonymous (as he usually seems to be, bluntly).

Overall, have to say the Wilmington experience was quite successful for TFC.

I watched a fair bit of the Sacramento - Wilmington USL playoff game. Wilmington was completely overrun by Sacramento (featuring many ex-Ventura Country players :) ). Kaye looked dangerous when he was on the ball but at this point in his career he doesn't have the skill set to grind out a performance in a tough matchup like that. Given he played at TFCA and York, he probably hasn't been in a game like that for a long time. Aparicio came on in the second half but was pretty much anonymous (as he usually seems to be, bluntly).

Overall, have to say the Wilmington experience was quite successful for TFC.

I don't think Wilmington would consider it successful though...

Well, they made the playoffs, although Toronto did create some roster instability. 

Ended up firing a coach midseason. Had to scramble to get some emergency signings and hope that they pan out quickly after TFC pull out Roberts and Hamilton who played a big part. And Lovitz after few games. If I was GM of Hammerheads, I'd be pissed. 

Ended up firing a coach midseason. Had to scramble to get some emergency signings and hope that they pan out quickly after TFC pull out Roberts and Hamilton who played a big part. And Lovitz after few games. If I was GM of Hammerheads, I'd be pissed. 

I can't believe I am defending TFC :-) but that is the nature of being a farm club. If you want some good players cheap you have to live with the possibility they could get called up at any time. It will definitely be easier when the MLS teams establish their own reserve teams in USLPro because being part of the same club it will bother them less but no one forced Wilmington to sign this agreement with TFC.

I can't believe I am defending TFC :-) but that is the nature of being a farm club. If you want some good players cheap you have to live with the possibility they could get called up at any time. It will definitely be easier when the MLS teams establish their own reserve teams in USLPro because being part of the same club it will bother them less but no one forced Wilmington to sign this agreement with TFC.

I get it. But I think Wilmington was under the impression that loans will be long term loans with recall only on emergency basis, not just at parent team's convenience.

• 1 month later...

Archived