TFC Roster Thread for 2014 Season

Gian-Luca

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes Defoe's mother is the reason TFC didn't make the playoffs despite the millions spent: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/10/23/mother-at-the-centre-of-jermain-defoe-drama-sources

For a less interesting but more intelligent take on the season, here is Neil Davidson's assessment:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/how-to-fix-toronto-fc-after-another-year-of-no-playoffs-1.2060673

What hasn't been mentioned about Saturday's game is the lack of people in the stadium. Despite the announced 18 000 (probably paid tickets) it looked to be about 6000 or 7000 actually there and that is including about 500 travelling Montreal fans. And they are planning an expansion?

post-413-0-43204700-1414182616_thumb.jpg

Grizzly.. a six to seven thousand attendance for NASL quality home team is very good, you should not look down your nose on that level of core support for lower level teams in the football pyramid.

Ottawa and Edmonton front offices are probably looking at how TFC manages it ...

Toronto FC could become first Canadian super club? (Assuming these signings pan out and players play to their potential). TFC are couple of starters away of becoming one of top teams in MLS.

You should probably make the playoffs first, or get to 40 points at least.

Third. Plus, they shouldn't count their eggs before they are hatched. On the face of it these seem like good signings but it is one thing to sign a bunch of good players and another thing to form them into a good team. There are going to be a lot of well paid big egos in the dressing room and a lot of guys of varying abilities and styles which may or may not work together and which may or may not be suited to MLS play. This strategy of throwing money around and signing a lot big names at once has failed many times before.

I told you so time, my favourite time of the year! :-) 

Predicting the failure of a Toronto-area sports franchise does not exactly take all that much clairvoyance.

A rudimentary knowledge of history seems to suffice.

That is true. Perhaps it is already time for Trillium to start his Red Team Elimination Watch 2015 thread!

Predicting the failure of a Toronto-area sports franchise does not exactly take all that much clairvoyance.

A rudimentary knowledge of history seems to suffice.

Unless that Toronto sports franchise is playing an Ottawa team in the playoffs and then it's a slam dunk success...

• 2 weeks later...

With the return of Bright Dike, Wiedeman became expendable. Jeremy Hall is just too far down the depth chart to matter. Both of these guys aren't young anymore either so time to go. I'd also like to see Ryan Richter go, he's roughly the same age and is taking up space that one of the academy players or draft picks (we have 4 first rounders) could use.

With the return of Bright Dike, Wiedeman became expendable. Jeremy Hall is just too far down the depth chart to matter. Both of these guys aren't young anymore either so time to go. I'd also like to see Ryan Richter go, he's roughly the same age and is taking up space that one of the academy players or draft picks (we have 4 first rounders) could use.

We would need to get another dependable back-up right back before we do this. There has been a of of talk about losing Bloom in the expansion draft so we would need him all the more. I am not a fan of him either and I hope we can get depth better than what he is.

We would need to get another dependable back-up right back before we do this. There has been a of of talk about losing Bloom in the expansion draft so we would need him all the more. I am not a fan of him either and I hope we can get depth better than what he is.

There are some good FB prospects projected for the first round with way higher ceilings than Ryan Richter.

• 1 month later...

Archived