TFC Roster Thread for 2014 Season

Gian-Luca

Well at least you guys may still make the playoffs. Hopefully the new coach knows how to use the players correctly to get the most out of them. I wouldn't give up on Gilberto yet. Let's see what the new coach can do with him. 

Good luck and here's hoping you make the playoffs. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gilberto has found his groove lately. I don't think he's the problem. I didn't seee the game, but his play on the first two goals was any indication of the rest of the evening - and it seems like it from what I've read --then Bradley needs to get on his horse.

The thing is, I think Nelsen's experience with midtable EPL teams doomed him. TFC is being built to compete for champsionships, not just avoid relegation.

What would you guys do if it were Hargreaves?

The problem I have with this, is like any other managerial firings at the clubs.  Is it being made by an intelligent football mind who see specific problems that need to be addressed or is just that the team is losing so they need to make a change?  

It's the coach sniping at the GM in public.

Wow. I still expected Nelsen to have until the end of the season. I didn't see this coming. It all has to be related to the Tim Lieweke story. When that happened there was a story out that Bez was contacted by MLSE/Tannenbaum and his role must have been solidified at that point.

I wasn't a fan of Nelsen so I'm not sad to see him go. But it appears like it is all unraveling. Sounds like Defoe will be transferred tomorrow, most likely to QPR. Also rumours on twitter that Bradley wants out too. The guy that was instrumental in both of their arrivals has been booted out of MLSE.

I'm not happy that they have went with an inexperienced coach once again. I'm tired of TFC being a training ground for managers. I hope Vanney proves me wrong.

There is enough time that a dead cat bounce will do the job in solidifying a playoff spot. Hell DCU just did TFC a solid and beat the Red Bulls today. It won't take much to make the playoffs in the East, but there is still room for a further collapse.

The Defoe news could be devastating. I don't think they have time to find a decent replacement.

Paul Atfield article on G&M an absolute treasure trove of TFC info:

- Bradley and Nelsen didn't see eye-to-eye and had meetings during the season to smooth things over (surprise).  Bradley apparently didn't appreciate Nelsen's tactical approach 

- Tim B. was hired as a cap guy, TFC was really Nelsen's project under Leiweke.

-  The GM didn't like any of the last 4-5 moves Nelsen had made but with the support of Leiweke Nelsen was able to push them through.  

Paul Atfield article on G&M an absolute treasure trove of TFC info:

- Bradley and Nelsen didn't see eye-to-eye and had meetings during the season to smooth things over (surprise).  Bradley apparently didn't appreciate Nelsen's tactical approach 

- Tim B. was hired as a cap guy, TFC was really Nelsen's project under Leiweke.

-  The GM didn't like any of the last 4-5 moves Nelsen had made but with the support of Leiweke Nelsen was able to push them through.  

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/ryan-nelsen-loses-tfc-power-struggle-defoe-on-way-out/article20290806/

...there will likely be no shortage of experienced coaches vying for the gig down the road, with former TFC head coach John Carver – and current Newcastle United assistant coach – having expressed a keen interest in returning to his old position in a text message on Sunday.

^ That would be hard to do with all that Defoe money coming in.

I don't think they have even applied for the permits yet. I did a search of the City of Toronto's database and couldn't find anything.

They were supposed to release renders months ago. Season ticket holders should be made aware of the changes. It's been awfully quiet for a construction that is supposed to start soon.

I think the expansion died with Lieweke.

MLSE will be run much more conservative from now on. Just like Bell and Rogers.

Archived