Toronto FC changes for 2013

Loud Mouth Soup

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The season starts in exactly 4 weeks. TFC is running out of time to find some attacking options.

The season is not looking very bright right now.

I wish they never gave Mariner control back in June. It set the club way back having to clean his mess up first before moving forward.

The season starts in exactly 4 weeks. TFC is running out of time to find some attacking options.

The season is not looking very bright right now.

I wish they never gave Mariner control back in June. It set the club way back having to clean his mess up first before moving forward.

If the press is to be believed, we're getting nothing but Hondurans

The guy is 34 and coming back from a torn ACL. For a striker that's usually game over at the top level.

Yeah that puts a major question mark behind it. You also have to consider that he'll only be contributing for half a year then he's out of contract. Is there any future for him with the club after that? I have to wonder.

The guy is 34 and coming back from a torn ACL. For a striker that's usually game over at the top level.

It certainly is a big "if," for sure, especially considering the fitness background he presented during his time with the club, regardless of the recent feedback and observations of how he has been training or how he looks during this recovery period.

Koevermans, when healthy, has been one of the very best attacking players in MLS the past two years. The very best. I know, "when healthy" is a big caveat, but good god, if you're going to take a chance on anyone...

He definitely was before his injury but I've never been a big Koevermans fan. He's far too lazy, fat and slow for my liking and with this ACL injury factored in it would be a mistake to bring him back.

Who wants to bet that Koevermans was one of the out of shape players Payne referred to?

Certainly, there are a lot of questions about Koevermans. But there are a lot of questions around most of Toronto FC's players, and those who don't have question marks are certain players. I don't know if you've noticed, but Toronto isn't a very good team and you can't cut 'em all: may as well keep the guy who's at least played well in MLS.

Certainly, there are a lot of questions about Koevermans. But there are a lot of questions around most of Toronto FC's players, and those who don't have question marks are certain players. I don't know if you've noticed, but Toronto isn't a very good team and you can't cut 'em all: may as well keep the guy who's at least played well in MLS.

I guess you're right and we don't really have a choice, especially since we moved Hassli today.

Give up a 1st round pick, get around 10 games and trade for 2cd round pick. Hmmm. Well they had to do something about those high paid players. Expect one to get bought out and one more to get shopped around. Difficult situation and it could take the new manager a year to sort it out.

Give up a 1st round pick, get around 10 games and trade for 2cd round pick. Hmmm. Well they had to do something about those high paid players. Expect one to get bought out and one more to get shopped around. Difficult situation and it could take the new manager a year to sort it out.

And TFC is paying part of Hassli's salary as well.

Doesn't that just mean that we sent allocation money back the other way?

It can mean anything.

My guess is that TFC is paying a little bit of his cap hit and a lot of his DP portion of his salary.

Why would Dallas want to carry Hassli at $790,000? TFC has to be chipping in for some of it. $50,000 is nearly negligble.

TFC fans better hope Payne has some reliable strikers lined up because as of now until Koevermans is back (if they don't dump him as well) you have Braun and Wiedeman (neither of who scored a goal last year and neither of who's last clubs thought them good enough to get much playing time) and some guys just out of college.

TFC fans better hope Payne has some reliable strikers lined up because as of now until Koevermans is back (if they don't dump him as well) you have Braun and Wiedeman (neither of who scored a goal last year and neither of who's last clubs thought them good enough to get much playing time) and some guys just out of college.

Weedman has 2 goals last year. Payne said there are some signings in works. Let's hope he comes through

Weedman has 2 goals last year.

Yes you are right, the site I looked on had the statistics written a bit confusing. Still it was 2 goals in 20 games. If you remove the FC Dallas games it is 2 in 15 MLS games for TFC though he also played in 4 Champions League games without scoring so 2 in 19 games for TFC.

Yes you are right, the site I looked on had the statistics written a bit confusing. Still it was 2 goals in 20 games. If you remove the FC Dallas games it is 2 in 15 MLS games for TFC though he also played in 4 Champions League games without scoring so 2 in 19 games for TFC.

also played wide midfielder a lot. not saying he's the greatest finisher in modern era, but I don't think he's junk that most people make him out to be.

Archived