Toronto FC changes for 2013

Loud Mouth Soup

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This team is looking terrible. Payne says that he doesn't care about about being judged this year , but starting in 2014. Ownership might care if no fans shows up next year after this year.

If people show up this year, after last year, and promising they will never come back...should be fine.

While the team is looking pretty terrible they really have done a lot to clean up the brutal budget situation. Getting rid of Frings & Hassli from the budget plus all the trades has really opened up the kind of flexibility to actually be able to have a team full of bona fide MLS players.

Now they have to actually get those players. We should have well over $1 million in allocation so that should be enough to get 7 $150k players unfortunately most of those players currently have teams.

The press conference is set for 11AM EST.

Hopefully they have some player signings to announce as well. Not just Frings retiring.

There may be a few imminent signings as, according to Dobson, "Payne says #TFC are in final stages of completing on loan deal for Hogan Ephraim. Also, Robert Eanrshaw on his way for a look."

Dobson has also said, "Head scout Pat Onstad is in Argentina trying to lock up a young striker as a DP."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2013/02/26/mls_tfc_torsten_frings/

Well, I'm thinking some of those signings may be trialists and such, if any signings at all today. They have a lot of rosters spots to fill.

As for Frings...wow does this mean they didn't have to buy out the contract as well, then? TFC would have gotten away with one there, and if so, it just proves what a class act Frings actually is, realizing he can't go.

Well, I'm thinking some of those signings may be trialists and such, if any signings at all today. They have a lot of rosters spots to fill.

As for Frings...wow does this mean they didn't have to buy out the contract as well, then? TFC would have gotten away with one there, and if so, it just proves what a class act Frings actually is, realizing he can't go.

I have heard it mentioned that they have bought out his contract, but I can't remember exactly where.

Archived