Toronto FC changes for 2013

Loud Mouth Soup

Spanish wiki says he's a #10, not a CF.

"Delantero Centro" is a centre forward...

Anyways, my point is that the DP designation should enable you to guarantee bringing in a team dynamic changing type player. For DP money they could get a player in his mid-20's who has consistently scored for the past 5 or 6 tournaments which would (likely) ensure success in MLS. Yeah they'd have to pay a transfer fee, but you can spread it out over the life of the contract.

There's plenty of upside to this kid and it has the potential to be an awesome deal for TFC, but it also has the chance to be a stinker and DP deals shouldn't be as risky as this.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Delantero Centro" is a centre forward...

Anyways, my point is that the DP designation should enable you to guarantee bringing in a team dynamic changing type player. For DP money they could get a player in his mid-20's who has consistently scored for the past 5 or 6 tournaments which would (likely) ensure success in MLS. Yeah they'd have to pay a transfer fee, but you can spread it out over the life of the contract.

There's plenty of upside to this kid and it has the potential to be an awesome deal for TFC, but it also has the chance to be a stinker and DP deals shouldn't be as risky as this.

22 yr old would only be 200k cap hit vice 23+ which would be 368k.

If it's a 6 month loan with option to buy, why not have a look?

John Bostock has been signed on loan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bostock

"In March 2013, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation announced that Bostock had shown interest in representing the Soca Warriors at international level."

One of the previews has him slotted in to the #10 role where Bekker was last game....god i hope this guy sucks, the last thing we need is to develop a player for T&T (over one of our own no less) at an important position.

"In March 2013, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation announced that Bostock had shown interest in representing the Soca Warriors at international level."

One of the previews has him slotted in to the #10 role where Bekker was last game....god i hope this guy sucks, the last thing we need is to develop a player for T&T (over one of our own no less) at an important position.

I could see Bekker move back to a more central role if this does happen.

That's what I thought when I read he's an AM.

I could see Bekker move back to a more central role if this does happen.

You would hope Bekker would take Jeremy Hall's place at DM. It was The Star and their roster predictions are usually off, but it got me pissed seeing Bekker predicted to be on the subs bench replaced by a young T&T prospect...

You would hope Bekker would take Jeremy Hall's place at DM. It was The Star and their roster predictions are usually off, but it got me pissed seeing Bekker predicted to be on the subs bench replaced by a young T&T prospect...

From what I've seen in watching both Bekker and Bostock, Bostock is the much better option at AM right now. He created the second goal and has set up a few other chances (the corner near the end of the half for example)

Everyone calm down and let's put things into perspective. Bostock played as a right sided mid fielder today. Ephraim was the one who replaced Bekker due to illness or something as a number 10. Based on today's performance, Bekker should be starting over Hogan, who didn't do much all game. Bostock and Bekker can both accomodated into the starting eleven.

On a different note, Dunfield probably had his best game in a TFC shirt.

Everyone calm down and let's put things into perspective. Bostock played as a right sided mid fielder today. Ephraim was the one who replaced Bekker due to illness or something as a number 10. Based on today's performance, Bekker should be starting over Hogan, who didn't do much all game. Bostock and Bekker can both accomodated into the starting eleven.

On a different note, Dunfield probably had his best game in a TFC shirt.

Ephraim was a forward. I'm not sure how you saw him play in midfield. Also, you say Bekker was replaced because he was ill? He was on the bench and played the last 9 minutes, stoppage time included.

Ephraim was a forward. I'm not sure how you saw him play in midfield. Also, you say Bekker was replaced because he was ill? He was on the bench and played the last 9 minutes, stoppage time included.

Bekker had the flu up until yesterday. I think the fact that he was on the bench shows the confidence that the management has in him.

Ephraim was a forward. I'm not sure how you saw him play in midfield.

This isn't 1950. Players don't rigidly play in one part of the field. There's a fine line between an attacking mid fielder and a support striker/#10. You can call the position anything really. The commentators clearly said Bekker was replaced by Ephraim. If you also watched last week's game, you would've seen that Bekker was in the position behind Earnshaw. This week, Ephraim was in the position behind Earnshaw. Also, who replaced Ephraim?

I'm thinking Cesar is likely to take that role. At least it's clear now Bekker just had the flu. Before last game I would have said he'd probably be more useful than Dunfield...but Dunfield I thought had 2 great games in a row, even if he is still prone to just boot the ball upfield too often.

This isn't 1950. Players don't rigidly play in one part of the field. There's a fine line between an attacking mid fielder and a support striker/#10. You can call the position anything really. The commentators clearly said Bekker was replaced by Ephraim. If you also watched last week's game, you would've seen that Bekker was in the position behind Earnshaw. This week, Ephraim was in the position behind Earnshaw. Also, who replaced Ephraim?

There's a difference between AM and 2nd striker. I'm not going to discuss this. TSN listed Ephraim as a forward when they showed TFC lineup (watch the highlights on mls.com and you will see). And when Bekker replaced Ephraim, it was logical, TFC where just defending and they needed more people in midfield.

There's a difference between AM and 2nd striker. I'm not going to discuss this. TSN listed Ephraim as a forward when they showed TFC lineup (watch the highlights on mls.com and you will see). And when Bekker replaced Ephraim, it was logical, TFC where just defending and they needed more people in midfield.

On TSN, He was listed as someone behind the striker like Bekker was last week. Anyhow, even if he was more advanced than Bekker was last week, Ephraim can still interchange with him easily.

I'm thinking Cesar is likely to take that role. At least it's clear now Bekker just had the flu. Before last game I would have said he'd probably be more useful than Dunfield...but Dunfield I thought had 2 great games in a row, even if he is still prone to just boot the ball upfield too often.

I agree, Dunfield has had two solid outings now. I have also noticed his ball movement is becoming quicker. I think under Nelsen he is going to continue to get plenty of minutes and if he keeps up his form I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the GC squad

I agree, Dunfield has had two solid outings now. I have also noticed his ball movement is becoming quicker. I think under Nelsen he is going to continue to get plenty of minutes and if he keeps up his form I wouldn't be surprised to see him make the GC squad

So far I am seeing big improvements in his game from last year, I'm cautiously impressed but it's early in the season. I'm sure we'll see some pointless reckless challenges and passes to noone soon enough?

Dunfield runs into trouble when his passing is too quick, rushed, and/or simply wayward. He rarely gets caught in possession (a la JDG getting stripped in the sequence leading to the second goal in Honduras). But he has started off the year well in his current role.

Dunfield is a squad player. TFC absolutely must upgrade the two CM supporting the AM/ST.

That is certainly the conventional view of Dunfield. Lately though I am not so sure. I am starting to think he is a legitimate MLS starter. He has looked very good so far and after watching the replay of the SKC game this morning, you can see he is now making the right pass more often than not.

I will not be surprised if he keeps his spot once Cesear is fit. As long as he is not a liability in possession, his work ethic and ball winning abilities will be needed on the field. Either way, if Dunfield and Cesear are battling for the same DM spot it will be a good problem for TFC to have.

BTW, I think one of the two CM's supporting the AM (Silva) will be a DM - one of Dunfield or Cesear. The other CM should be a box-to-box type (which should be Bekker with Hall as a suitable back up).

Archived