Ivanovski94

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Little update on Gasparotto's season thus far, and it's not good. His squad have given up 15 goals in the 5 games he's played in, and he's out of the 18 altogether right now. This after a promising few years with Airdrieonians, Morton and last year with Falkirk.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/09/25/falkirks-luca-gasparotto-missing-chance-to-prove-a-point-to-rang/?utm_medium=share%2Bbutton&utm_campaign=social%2Bmedia&utm_content=/en-gb/2017/09/25/falkirks-luca-gasparotto-missing-chance-to-prove-a-point-to-rang/&utm_source=Twitter

Edited by shermanator

League 1 Ontario soon if things don't improve, but have to say that having watched the Scottish top division lately on  Sportnet World I'm not too impressed with the level, even a Glasgow Rangers would not be a shoe in to be a top team in even MLS from what I've seen of them this season, and forget about the other teams in that league not including Celtic but not impressed by the level of soccer.

Edited by 1996

3 hours ago, 1996 said:

League 1 Ontario soon if things don't improve, but have to say that having watched the Scottish top division lately on  Sportnet World I'm not too impressed with the level, even a Glasgow Rangers would not be a shoe in to be a top team in even MLS from what I've seen of them this season, and forget about the other teams in that league not including Celtic but not impressed by the level of soccer.

Rangers are a shadow of what they were 10 years ago

Get out and get playing.  The CPL can't happen soon enough.  If we can get Ferreira to join and then Cristante comes, that will allow the CPL to develop some of these youngsters that are not developing and playing overseas.  Just one or two each year that benefit from constant competition and pt. and raise their game where they are in the mix for the National team.

I don't understand why are people saying young Canadian players are not playing? 

Luca has played 5 out of the 8 league games and has played 9 out of 14 games in total ( league and Cups). Also he's played at CB and at RB. Plus he's been struggling. Also he's only 22 and has played 54 Scot Championships games and 27 games in league one and two and 2 permiership playoff games in his career. 

Caniggia Elva - 21 years old, has played already 50 games at 3rd and 4th divisions in Germany 

Edited by SpecialK

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

I don't understand why are people saying young Canadian players are not playing? 

Luca has played 5 out of the 8 league games and has played 9 out of 14 games in total ( league and Cups). Also he's played at CB and at RB. Plus he's been struggling. Also he's only 22 and has played 54 Scot Championships games and 27 games in league one and two and 2 permiership playoff games in his career. 

Caniggia Elva - 21 years old, has played already 50 games at 3rd and 4th divisions in Germany 

Thank you for bringing reality to the thread, the team has struggled but it wasn't just Luca, there was 3 others playing. He has been out of the squad for the month,  also he went through this last year and took his spot back, shit happens but that article is a lot of shit cause its a month late and bringing it up now is a waste. Can't criticize every bloggers articles but that is a bad article and HITC has a poooooor reputation everywhere. 

Edited by jordan

• 1 month later...

Gasparotto has signed an emergency loan deal with Greenock Morton, where he played on loan for the 2015-16 season, through the end of January. Hopefully he can regain the form he showed with Falkirk last year, and Morton the year before.

Given that this is now his second loan spell with Greenock Morton, and the club were impressed by him in his first loan spell, I wonder if he would consider signing there in the offseason? I don't see him re-signing with Falkirk when his deal is done.