Luca Gasparotto

Ivanovski94

I was listening to CHIN FM in Toronto at around 6 on Monday and one of the hosts of the Radio channel was interviewing Luca and it was about his signing(or some sort of signing I missed the first couple minutes of the interview) with Glasgow Rangers. He spoke about his stay, the environment with the club, how he likes it there and his football in Canada and his family. He also mentioned Fraser Aird.

Was it Gasparotto or the other central defender (Stanese?) who the announcers linked to Italy (was it Juvenus) during the U17 broadcasts.

Was it Gasparotto or the other central defender (Stanese?) who the announcers linked to Italy (was it Juvenus) during the U17 broadcasts.

It was Gasparotto. And it was AC Milan. There was also a link to a Durham region community newspaper that I posted a while back that did a story on him and it stated that he was off to Milan sometime in August of this year.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

July 2012 - I had been noticing comments by Gasparotto on twitter about "heading to the game" and wanting great support and all the rest of it. sounds like he might have been in the squad in their recent cup match v. Brechin. ? I tweeted him with no response.

Anyway, he's not listed in the first team, but is of course in the reserve team (with Aird) but with all their troubles I assume he's going to get into the first team a lot this year, especially as it's a lower league now too?

http://www.rangers.co.uk/reserve-and-under-19s

Luca Gasparotto ‏@lucagasparotto3

On route to the game! Hoping for another decent turnout tonight! Love all the support :) #RFC

If he can get regular first team action in the league it's a great experience for such a young player. Not unlike the value of a loan deal....

Luca is well adjusted and living with a fellow Canadian with the club. He's closely following the World Cup qualifiers as well and hopes to get a chance to be called some day. As for Rangers he is looking at a reserve spot so far but depending on who is signed in the summer that may not happen. a 6'3 centre back who isn't even 20 yet is someone we need to keep an eye on as our current defenders aren't getting any younger

Luca is well adjusted and living with a fellow Canadian with the club. He's closely following the World Cup qualifiers as well and hopes to get a chance to be called some day. As for Rangers he is looking at a reserve spot so far but depending on who is signed in the summer that may not happen. a 6'3 centre back who isn't even 20 yet is someone we need to keep an eye on as our current defenders aren't getting any younger

I believe the fellow 'Canadian' is Fraser Aird, proud Scotsman. Here is a link to a summary of a recent friendly where Luca scored.

http://rfcyouths.wordpress.com/2012/07/28/footballs-back-at-last/

Frazer Aird = Traitor. He doesn't consider himself Canadian on the field. He can go pound sand.

Guest Brethers

Luca has been captaining their youth team in all friendlies from what I can pick up on twitter. He has also been getting man of the match a few times, leadign to some fans telling him he'll be with the first team soon if he keeps this up