Luca Gasparotto

Ivanovski94

the players had valid contracts with Glasgow Rangers Football Club, an entity that currently only exists on paper until it is officially liquidated within the next few weeks. The new company that will play football under the Rangers name purchased the assets of the old Rangers from the administrator. They are claiming that the playing contracts were included within those assets. Many of the players are disputing that their contract could be transferred to the new company without their permission. Some of these players have found new clubs but are awaiting a decision by the SFA/UEFA/FIFA/CAS whether they are ultimately free agents or not. It's much more complicated than simply throwing out 'binding contract' or 'bankrupt' in an attempt to score cheap points on an internet forum.

They're not binding contracts except in Rangers fans dreams.... I've read two or three different legal opinions in newspaper articles in Scotland that say don't have a leg to stand on based on labor law. But hey - apparently Rangers like wasting money so why not spend some big dough on another court case.

Anyway it looks like they are signing washed out top flight guys in the their 30s and late 20s to come up through the leagues, so far I've seen Beattie and Shiels join. They also managed to keep a good 10 or so fringe first teamers from last year. Probably will rip up the 3rd division this year but I don't think we'll see a whole team made up of guys in their teens like Aird and Gasparotto.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Not a good debut but in his defence he only just turned 18 in September. Hopefully the loan will give him some much needed experience.

I was going to add much of the same. Given that he was one of only a handful of Canadians who played in a match of any professional level anywhere in the world over the past week, I don't think we have a lot to moan on about here about such a young lad trying to make a go of it abroad, no matter how poor of a debut it may have been.

I was going to add much of the same. Given that he was one of only a handful of Canadians who played in a match of any professional level anywhere in the world over the past week, I don't think we have a lot to moan on about here about such a young lad trying to make a go of it abroad, no matter how poor of a debut it may have been.

I know he's only 18 but I honestly saw a better defender 2 years ago at 15 when he was playing in the U17 World Cup. I was expecting more of a defender who is supposed to anchor our next U20 team. He certainly doesn't run like an 18 year old. I had to double check that I was watching the right number out there.

I know he's only 18 but I honestly saw a better defender 2 years ago at 15 when he was playing in the U17 World Cup. I was expecting more of a defender who is supposed to anchor our next U20 team. He certainly doesn't run like an 18 year old. I had to double check that I was watching the right number out there.

Same here! And I agree, he has a somewhat awkward way of running. Can't quite put my finger on it though...

Also I think he really needs to work on his awareness, anticipation, and positioning.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...