Argentina - Canada May 24

Sam

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ugly game..... only positive i saw was when peters came in, there was some spark. Then he disappeared. Onstad was a sitting duck too many times, cant blame him. The defense was bad. No other words can explain that defense. 1st half, atrocious.. 2nd half, at least a bit more entertaining. Thank god i decided to go to Venezuela instead of BA. But im worried about a positive result there.

well theirs a couple small positives, 2nd half was better then first, and we continued to improve in the second half with the last 10-20 minutes being our best, also, alot of the young guys seemed less out of place then alot of our older guys.

Well considering we gifted maybe 2 of those, and we had 4 or five who should not be playing for Canada (yet, now, or anymore), I'll take it.

Some of our players settled in better as the game went on, our positioning was right, we got to see a few new faces. Straith, Pacheco, fine by me.

But almost everyone was over his head, which in some cases was disappointing (Klukowski should not be over his head at this level, I saw him play fine vs. Valencia this year).

I'll finally agree with those saying we should not play certain people anymore, we should move on. Time to say goodbye to Onstad, Stalteri, Hastings, for better or worse. Thanks for your dedication to Canada, but time to move on.

I think we should play every top nation that will give us a game! I don't get angry when we're pumped by a team like Argentine. I get angry when lose to equal opposition or create our own misfortune.

Exactly! Give us the Argies, give us the top sides of their respective regions. Peru in Toronto ought to be a great one. Honduras :mad: :mad: in Montreal will be a war, seriously, and it will really set up how Hart's campaign with us is going to go. HART FOUNDATION!

Can't help but think the player selection for this match was a bit of a waste. We were always going to lose to this Argentina side, especially without Bernier/DeGuz/Hutch who have essentially been our midfield every match since 2007, so why not totally experiment and blood kids at the back as well as midfield?

It's odd we still haven't seen any sign of a replacement for Stalteri at right back. Congrats to him for getting another cap and playing a decent game but it is time to plan ahead. I'm also curious to know if Hastings was always coming off for Straith or if he only came off due to injury.

Hastings, Stalteri and Onstad I have a ton of respect for and thank them for always answering the call, but we need to bring in new players in those positions and create a stable rearguard. Obviously we were missing a bunch of younger guys that would be taking those positions so I am greatfull that those guys came out but we need Jakovic, Edgar, big Kev and Nana playing or else we are going to have big holes at the back. Overall this game was going to be bad given our lineup and the attacking pedigree they have, hopefully we can have a better showing vs Venezuela.

Only have watched first half so far. Holy crap Argentina is good. And yes, they have Stalteri completely victimized. Why start him! Start Straith! Ridiculous selections. Be nice if we had some our better players, but even with them a very tough match of course. Anyway, maybe I'll watch the second half later tonight.

The positive side of this game is that Hart, the CSA and the players now have a clear picture of where does Canadian soccer stands. Hopefully the CSA under their new structure will put in place a serious program to advance us. So in the event that we manage to qualify for 2014 we don't end up being the laughing stock in the group. In reality the 5-0 result is kind of expected, we never had a chance against their speed and constant movement of the argentinians in the field. When we play somebody like Friend as our main striker who touched the ball maybe half a dozen times and gave it away each time, is like playing with 10 men.

Lets face it we know we were not going to beat Argentina Now that we lost hopefully we can now se were we stand now Lets face it we are a long way from doing any damage against the Big Boys but if we continue to play friendlies on FIFA DATES WE CAN ONLY IMPROVE. cANNOT WAIT FOR Peru in TO and Honduras in MTL

Archived