Argentina - Canada May 24

Sam

Me in a Globe and Mail photo:

dip2405-08-socce_663321gm-e.jpg

...from: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/in-photos/best-from-may-24/article1579649/

Well, I am still suffering the effects of watching this game at ground level, it is so intense, I was like another player yelling at my teamamtes as to what to do with the ball. It was the first nats game I have seen since 2004, and the dozens I have seen live over the decades are all the same in terms of personal intensity, win, lose or draw.

As much as I appreciate Onstad´s efforts, I would have preferred to go with the chance of a younger keeper, we all know Pat´s positives and negatives, and it is time to try new things.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a joke of an article by James... throwing the current squad under the bus in favour of his 1986 squad. There is no chance in hell that team gets a better result if they fly down there days before, haven't played together in months or at all, are facing a hungry Argentina team in Buenos Aires OH AND, the 1986 WC squad is missing half of their best players... so scratch off Lenarduzzi, Mitchell and a few more... I'd say that is the equivalent of Canada missing its 2 best central defenders, best keeper, 2 best midfielders..

I couldn't have said it better. PJ I respect what you guys did in 86, but if you were to teleport the 86 CDN team, lose best players to injury and play ARG on their own turf, I'd say 86 Canada would lose far greater.

Archived