Argentina - Canada May 24

Sam

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe it's time to start playing rough or something....

Looks like Simpson heard you. A nightmare would be if we pulled a China and broke a dude's leg before World Cup. Would be bad for future high profile matches.

Our kit is nice.

Agreed that Klukowski looks a step off, perhaps the layoff from the Belgian league. But we need to cover for each other too, he can't handle that all alone.

Thanks Josh for the foul, that is what we are talking about. Thing is, they try to foul Tevez but he keeps going, what great form he is in.

One good thing so far: we have shut down their strikers.

Sportsnet is running about 5 minutes delay

Makes sense...

To be honest, I'm not going to get too down in the tooth over this one, as I didn't have a lot of expectations going in. (Maybe that's become a longtime Voyageur trait for matches against big teams). Argentine chose us for a friendly at home for a reason...they needed a big, dominating performance against a less skilled, physical team to build confidence for South Africa and to get the media & fans off them. They're not going to step off the gas.

Looks like Simpson heard you. A nightmare would be if we pulled a China and broke a dude's leg before World Cup. Would be bad for future high profile matches.

Yeah, Simpson plays rough but that is because he's losing the ball possession when he has it. So far I'm disappointed specially with Simpson.

What are Canadian Players supposed to take away from this experience except a shattered confidence.

A reality check. This is what playing in the World Cup would be like only a lot worse, and we aint ready. Canadian players often say we have the talent in interviews, and as fans we eat that up, but really? So we keep building.

Couldn't agree more with Soju. This is what it takes to get there. Experiences is experience. I take this as a good omen. New Zealand were thrashed by Brazil in a friendly before the last World Cup and now they are on their way. We shall be thrashed, but perhaps on our way too? Knock on wood.

What are Canadian Players supposed to take away from this experience except a shattered confidence.

I think they get more out of this on an individual player level, to be honest. These are quality players that do things much better and faster at this level than what they're used to at the club level. Players always want to play against guys who are better than them and challenge them. I wouldn't worry about shatterred confidence in this. I worry about it when we lose to Jamaica or Honduras.

A reality check. This is what playing in the World Cup would be like only a lot worse, and we aint ready. Canadian players often say we have the talent in interviews, and as fans we eat that up, but really? So we keep building.

My point exactley, we're not ready yet, and we're not going to be ready playing with guys like Onstad and Hastings.

Totally agree with you there. It looks like only 2 or 3 players were ready for this challenge. On the other side we don't have a lot of our best players, however, after 90 minutes we would have lost anyway, let's not forget the fact we have important players missing.

the best canadian so far:craig forrest's commentary...as for the benefit of this game, losing to quality opponents will get us further then winning against mediocre teams. possession was the biggest problem, I don't even want tobe to hard on our D. hopefully they'll be more competitive next half, and yeah, I hope to god we don't injure anybody

Im not surprised canada is losing but there has been NO offense, one pass and turnover continously. Canada now needs to show some spark. Forget the score and show some offense. The ball possession has been so lopsided. At least score one goal.

Winston's food is good, better than the last half hour of life at the moment. :D Gettin pretty hammed, so **** the *****ing and let's eat up everything The Dobson and Prime Minister Craig Forrest tell us during this half time. ****in awesome that we're playing the Argies. Stop the 'We're not ready for the World Cup' ****e, we have our B team there mostly, I mean did you read the list of players who are injured???

UP THE BOYS IN RED!

New Zealand were thrashed by Brazil in a friendly before the last World Cup and now they are on their way. We shall be thrashed, but perhaps on our way too? Knock on wood.

NZ is still crap - they just have the easiest route of any country - just need to beat a bunch of Pacific island nations and then Bahrain.

Let's not forget that we are missing a whack of key players and this is a makeshift team.

Winston's food is good, better than the last half hour of life at the moment. :D Gettin pretty hammed, so **** the *****ing and let's eat up everything The Dobson and Prime Minister Craig Forrest tell us during this half time. ****in awesome that we're playing the Argies. Stop the 'We're not ready for the World Cup' ****e, we have our B team there mostly, I mean did you read the list of players who are injured???

UP THE BOYS IN RED!

Sorry **** the ****ing nega****ingtivity you're ****ing right come****ingon you ****ing C****ingA****ingN****ingU****ingC****ingK****ingS!!!!

How bout we all enjoy watchin our boys out there playin for the Red and White. Yeah we all hope they manage to pull one back, if they don't then they don't. So we have Peru in Toronto. What the Peruvian population of TO?

Archived