Nik Ledgerwood

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, badname22 said:

Sooo... is his career done?

It's been implied that the Foothills will have some sort of involvement with the Calgary CPL club, so it may be a be a way to stay in Alberta while awaiting the launch

But he is 33, might be sick of globetrotting and is planning for life after soccer

Edited by Complete Homer

36 minutes ago, shermanator said:

Ledgerwood's signing is being made with an eye on the CPL launching in 2019. He will not be the only big name signing (at least, in the PDL sense) that Calgary Foothills will make for the upcoming PDL season.

Yet we'll probably be told that this signing has nothing to do with that since there is no evidence that the league is happening in 2019 lol

Edited by Rheo

4 minutes ago, badname22 said:

It was confirmed by Bernie and the new commissioner 

Sorry I was trying to be funny (hence the lol).  There are people in the CPL thread who who question whether the league will actually happen and that all the news of the last couple of weeks is desperate and dramatic push to try make sure the league will go off at the date they suggested and my post was made with them in mind.

Edited by Rheo

4 hours ago, shermanator said:

Ledgerwood's signing is being made with an eye on the CPL launching in 2019. He will not be the only big name signing (at least, in the PDL sense) that Calgary Foothills will make for the upcoming PDL season.

Is this speculation or do you have some sort of insider knowledge? Exciting stuff!

36 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

Would you go to more games now that Ledgerwood is there? 

Absolutely.

When I saw that news I actually got excited about Foothills. Prior to that, my excitment level was pretty low.

Not that I didn't appreciate what the club and the SG is doing, I do. It's just that for me, PDL is too far removed from professional soccer for me to get emotionally invested.

Now with them adding Ledgerwood, that adds real intrigue for me. He's a guy I have watched play for the CanMNT for many years, and the national team is my team, above all others. Pretty hard for me NOT to take a trip down to the soccer centre (or whereever Foothills will play) and check him out.

Then on the personal side, he's my age and we played in the same national under 17 tournament back in the day, so I get to see him up close for the first time since then. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...