Nik Ledgerwood

Good question. Note that neither he nor Dutra were called to the U20 team camp starting July 22nd. If neither player has a club & is "unattached" (like Belotte) then why aren't they there? Suggests they are both still currently trying to land a job somewhere.

Even the wolf can learn. Even the sheep can turn. Even the frog can become at last the prince. - Peter Hammill, Over (1977)

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

What has become of Nik Ledgerwood??? Is he back in Canada after his trial with Energie Cottbus in Germany???

Bigsoccer poster olafgb - a reliable source - indicates that Kicker is reporting that Nik has signed with 1860 Munich. Is expected to play with the reserves.

The opinions expressed above are just that.

Thanx for the info. By the way, I've pleaded with "olafgb" through BigSoccer to join our forum here at Voyageur. Unfortunately, olafgb has refused because he doesn't want to be tied up to so many forums. It appears that he has a very tied schedule as a result of his final year at Law-School in Germany. I would love to see this guy on this forum. His style of retrieving information is pretty amazing.

• 12 years later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Fussball_eh said:

So Ledgerwood left Germany and he posted on IG that he is moving closer to home. Dying to find out where he is going to. Has anyone heard anything?

I will stake my reputation as a psychic on Nik Ledgerwood going to FC Edmonton. Started hearing about it in November and now there is an article speculating on the same thing:

http://www.wakingthered.com/2016/1/2/10701236/simeon-jackson-nik-ledgerwood-transfers-vancouver-whitecaps-fc-edmonton

20 hours ago, Fussball_eh said:

This isn't official yet, is it?

No, it's not officially announced by the club or officially stated by Nik. But if he says that he doesn't mind buying a fan (Adam) a beer over a bet that he's coming to FCE then it seems he is prepared to lose that bet to a "Fan" of his (likely) new club.

This seems like a fairly clear case of where there's smoke there's likely fire.

2 hours ago, Sport Shaman said:

No, it's not officially announced by the club or officially stated by Nik. But if he says that he doesn't mind buying a fan (Adam) a beer over a bet that he's coming to FCE then it seems he is prepared to lose that bet to a "Fan" of his (likely) new club.

This seems like a fairly clear case of where there's smoke there's likely fire.

I dunno, I think his statement could mean anything.

2 hours ago, jedinathan said:

The Twitter account @NASLinsider (its league run account) tweeted out that FC Edmonton has "made a big signing." followed up by FC Edmonton tweeting to watch for a signing Tuesday morning. My money is on Ledgerwood being announced.

If true this would mean I'm buying my first FCE jersey! They better have them available ASAP.

2 minutes ago, Big_M said:

If it's because he's homesick, it's fine but otherwise it would be a mistake as he can still play at a higher level for a few more years. Would be bad for the national team also.

How is this bad for the national team? A guy most likely getting consistent playing time in a leadership role?