Damar Dixon

PiedPilko

Update on Damar

Tomorrow Damar will play in Benito Stripe Stadium in Frosinone vs Salernitana another Serie A team in a friendly.

Frosinone has already started loaning players out and releasing others. Damar is still in camp. 

After some discussions with Frosinone yesterday they said no final decision has been made for Damar but they probably will not loan him out because they want more control over his development. They want him to train with the first team but play games with Primavera.  Their Primavera team plays in the first division with juventus, Inter, Milan,  Roma.......

Many eyes will see Damar this year. They also want the option to bring him up. This team will fight against relegation this year and if they are out by Christmas or shortly after they want the option of bringing up Damar to Serie A.  This will up his market value. Buy low sell high.

Sempre Avanti 

20230715_211953.thumb.jpg.518fd0de6370aca4959005ff27444b18.jpg

Edited by Junkie

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Didn't make the squad in what I believe is Frosinone's last pre season friendly. 

I guess as they made a few more moves he was not needed anymore. 

They have Coppa Italia mid week.

Guessing he starts the season on their Primavera team

Not the worst thing. We all wanted him and Chisholm to be major factors right away but they came from relative obscurity to being saviours. We want it fast but them continuing to develop is a good thing. Hopefully we see more of them this year

Just now, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Not the worst thing. We all wanted him and Chisholm to be major factors right away but they came from relative obscurity to being saviours. We want it fast but them continuing to develop is a good thing. Hopefully we see more of them this year

Exactly. They are both very young and are at decent countries for development. 

Not everyone is Kone

18 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Yeah between this and what's happening with Chisolm, @costarg put it best, that agent was full on salesman vibes and shouldn't have been taken seriously in what he was saying.

I don't see it as a bad thing that some of our young Canadian guys have sales men working for them that were good enough to make us believe they were more than they were. I think young Canadians in the past have been hurt by having poor marketing and brand.

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

Nothing earth shattering here. He didn't get a squad number. And isn't in the group for their Coppa Italia match today.

OOF. Thats brutal. From being our current best CB to not even getting a squad number. 

He seems incredibly far away from the level he was being spoken about. 

It always felt fishy that he would walk into a serie a squad straight away. 

To his agent’s credit, he did say the plan was for him to train with the first team and play for the dev team. No clue if that is the case, but I don’t think he was expected to get a squad number in any case, no?

1 minute ago, Bigandy said:

OOF. Thats brutal. From being our current best CB to not even getting a squad number. 

Different kid- you’re thinking of Chisholm. Dixon is a forward. 

On 8/6/2023 at 4:16 PM, blueseeka said:

You guys are way too rough on his agent. He went overboard with the hype when comparing to our current CMNT CB's. But I look forward to hearing more about both players and their journeys. I hope he keeps posting updatea

Yeah, it's like people are pulling for the kid to fail because they feel the agent is going overboard with the hype.

37 minutes ago, Snowcrash said:

Yeah, it's like people are pulling for the kid to fail because they feel the agent is going overboard with the hype.

I dont think anyone is rooting for him to fail because we are tempering expectations to a somewhat realistic stand point. 

Theres loads of players who have been at top clubs with no real potential of becoming a star. Graham fisher was with shalke for a few years and at his peak, he wasnt even CPL quality. Theres an academy in calgary that sends kids to real madrid regularly and these kids cant even make usports teams. At this point, Dixon is not any different than those types of stories. 

Theres a huge difference in how agents who have a proven track record talk and other agents who act like a top dog with no realism. 

7 hours ago, Bigandy said:

I dont think anyone is rooting for him to fail because we are tempering expectations to a somewhat realistic stand point. 

Theres loads of players who have been at top clubs with no real potential of becoming a star. Graham fisher was with shalke for a few years and at his peak, he wasnt even CPL quality. Theres an academy in calgary that sends kids to real madrid regularly and these kids cant even make usports teams. At this point, Dixon is not any different than those types of stories. 

Theres a huge difference in how agents who have a proven track record talk and other agents who act like a top dog with no realism. 

Fair enough.  I just felt some posters were gloating over the fact that the kid didn't make the bench for a game. 

7 hours ago, Bigandy said:

may i remind u of tyler artardo? 

On 8/6/2023 at 10:16 PM, blueseeka said:

You guys are way too rough on his agent. He went overboard with the hype when comparing to our current CMNT CB's. But I look forward to hearing more about both players and their journeys. I hope he keeps posting updatea

Overboard is an under statement given he was discussing a future Italian NT call-up in five-years.

That being said, I think everyone here agrees with the last two sentences.

11 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Breaking news - It’s probably not a good idea to expect unbiased player projections from agents or family members….

Not sure I fully agree with agents. An agents credibility is extremely important to their success. The more experienced the agent, the better fit they can find for their players which includes realism. Sure they boost their players a bit but thats within the realm of realism and could very well turn out to be true. 

On the flipside, theres 100's of agents who send player resumes to college coaching staffs and say these players are the best in north america, yet the kid couldnt play u12 houseleague.  

44 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Breaking news - It’s probably not a good idea to expect unbiased player projections from agents or family members….

We all definitely got excited, but that’s also due to facts of the case not from the agent. He did move to a newly promoted Serie A team, and was starting friendlies for them.

A step back to reality is fine, but he’s still in a good spot and hopefully we hear of more great things for him this year and moving forward. 

46 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Not sure I fully agree with agents. An agents credibility is extremely important to their success. The more experienced the agent, the better fit they can find for their players which includes realism. Sure they boost their players a bit but thats within the realm of realism and could very well turn out to be true. 

On the flipside, theres 100's of agents who send player resumes to college coaching staffs and say these players are the best in north america, yet the kid couldnt play u12 houseleague.  

We have to keep in mind that the agent posted this on an ultra niche message board with the only ~2 dozen or so people insane enough to care this deeply out such raw prospects- it's not like he had Fab Romano tweet this out, and we don't know how he conducts his business with the teams and other people in the industry. He told us his guys are good- that's why he's working with them in the first place.

I also think people are confusing some of the info that he's shared about Dixon and what he's said about Chisholm. If you look at the top of this page, all he said was that no decision had been made yet, but chances are that he would not be loaned because they want him to play for the dev team and have the chance to call him up, especially if the team is facing relegation in December. So far, that's exactly what happened- he's still with the team, not playing with the senior team, and he's (probably, I haven't checked) playing for the dev team.

He also said:

Many eyes will see Damar this year. They also want the option to bring him up. This team will fight against relegation this year and if they are out by Christmas or shortly after they want the option of bringing up Damar to Serie A.  This will up his market value. Buy low sell high.

We'll see what happens, but we had the exact same argument about Koleosho like 4 months ago, where some people thought it was insane to think Espanyol was gonna use their last few games to put Koleosho in the store window, and sure enough, they did, he was sold, they made a profit, and he went to another team.

10 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

We have to keep in mind that the agent posted this on an ultra niche message board with the only ~2 dozen or so people insane enough to care this deeply out such raw prospects- it's not like he had Fab Romano tweet this out, and we don't know how he conducts his business with the teams and other people in the industry. He told us his guys are good- that's why he's working with them in the first place.

I also think people are confusing some of the info that he's shared about Dixon and what he's said about Chisholm. If you look at the top of this page, all he said was that no decision had been made yet, but chances are that he would not be loaned because they want him to play for the dev team and have the chance to call him up, especially if the team is facing relegation in December. So far, that's exactly what happened- he's still with the team, not playing with the senior team, and he's (probably, I haven't checked) playing for the dev team.

He also said:

We'll see what happens, but we had the exact same argument about Koleosho like 4 months ago, where some people thought it was insane to think Espanyol was gonna use their last few games to put Koleosho in the store window, and sure enough, they did, he was sold, they made a profit, and he went to another team.

I understand this is a niche board, but theres only 20ish people in the world who cares about this move and they are being given false hype/unsubstantiated claims. Based on my experience with these types of agents, I'd be surprised if this is a one time occurrence.

I dont think his agent is the driving force of his climb to serie A. I think the club sees enough raw potential in serie D that they can flip him for some cash in a few years. I would be surprised if we see him get first team minutes this year. 

I think you missed alot of what was actually said. For example,  "Hes special, swift , athletic,  with a high football IQ and most importantly the ability to learn" or "You cant help but notice him, hes different from other players." or " Damar beating out the new coaches players makes the new coach look bad" or "buy low, sell high" (as if this isnt the case with every single player). 
- All statements with zero substance on the actual ability of the player and very common for inexperienced agents. All non verifiable claims as well.  

I find it odd that they do not want to loan him out because they have plans to play him in serie a, yet he isnt given a squad number. That to me sounds like hes earmarked for youth teams and he was included on the bench in preseason games where they won 10-0 against 5th tier guys. 

It is a red herring to use koleosho as an example. Literally every single youth player can have the "koleosho" logic applied to them at the start of the season. Theres alot more steps that have to occur before we can compare the 2.