Damar Dixon

PiedPilko

41 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

How has he been doing in Primavera? I tried looking up some scores but all I found was the U19 teams which he doesn’t look like he’s in the match day squads. If I’m not mistaken that’s the only Primavera teams right? There’s not like a U23 team?

https://www.flashscore.com/team/frosinone/02UXqEz6/squad/

The Frosinone official website has match reports for their Primavera squad.

They have played 2 games so far and Dixon wasn't dressed for either.

No idea if he is hurt or what

Edited by narduch

Just now, narduch said:

The Frosinone official website has match reports for their Primavera squad.

They have played 2 games so far and Dixon wasn't dressed for either.

No idea if he is hurt or what

His sporting agency- I think the guy who posted in here- posted a video of primavera training from a few days ago and I assume Dixon was on the pitch there. I know we don't want to overrate our guys, but if he's scoring in preseason friendlies for the senior team, it would surprise me if he couldn't even make the match day squad for the youth team. He did after all set Serie D on fire, that has to be worth something.

1 minute ago, InglewoodJack said:

His sporting agency- I think the guy who posted in here- posted a video of primavera training from a few days ago and I assume Dixon was on the pitch there. I know we don't want to overrate our guys, but if he's scoring in preseason friendlies for the senior team, it would surprise me if he couldn't even make the match day squad for the youth team. He did after all set Serie D on fire, that has to be worth something.

The cynic in me says we cant judge dixon for scoring a goal in a 10-0 win on a serie A team vs a 5th division opponent. I mean, he only sored 5 goals in 21 games in Serie D. I get an odd feeling that Damar is not what we were told.... I hope Im wrong and he develops into a Serie A player. 

9 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

The cynic in me says we cant judge dixon for scoring a goal in a 10-0 win on a serie A team vs a 5th division opponent. I mean, he only sored 5 goals in 21 games in Serie D. I get an odd feeling that Damar is not what we were told.... I hope Im wrong and he develops into a Serie A player. 

I thought it was more goals than that in Serie D. Either way, a Serie A, or if we want to be cynical, a Serie B team, clearly saw something in him. I don't have him in our top 5 or top 10 prospects right now (would be cool to get a voting list on that ranking done, but that's another convo) so to speak, but someone out there sees something in him. I think there's potential with him and Chisholm, we'll see where they're at by season's end.

17 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I thought it was more goals than that in Serie D. Either way, a Serie A, or if we want to be cynical, a Serie B team, clearly saw something in him. I don't have him in our top 5 or top 10 prospects right now (would be cool to get a voting list on that ranking done, but that's another convo) so to speak, but someone out there sees something in him. I think there's potential with him and Chisholm, we'll see where they're at by season's end.

I'd love a prospect ranking guide. Cool Idea. 

I'm not sold that they saw anything in him.... It sounds awful but shalke signed graham fisher but he was never anywhere near that level. Sometimes youth players get on with good clubs for non sporting reasons. I hope I am wrong and Ive never seen the kid play, but something doesnt sit right with me. 

The evidence clearly suggests youre right and im wrong, but I cant shake this feeling. 

1 minute ago, Bigandy said:

I'd love a prospect ranking guide. Cool Idea

I'm not sold that they saw anything in him.... It sounds awful but shalke signed graham fisher but he was never anywhere near that level. Sometimes youth players get on with good clubs for non sporting reasons. I hope I am wrong and Ive never seen the kid play, but something doesnt sit right with me. 

The evidence clearly suggests youre right and im wrong, but I cant shake this feeling. 

It would be easier if we had a polling feature here. Have a tentative list of our top 10 guys, people take 48 hours to vote on the best out of the bunch, after the poll, you remove the winner, add a new player and keep doing that until you get to a top 25 or something. Could be feasible to do here, would just take some work.

And yeah, I think Noah Abatneh or York was at the Milan U19 team last year if I’m not mistaken? So maybe Dixon will be back in Canada before long. I know very little about Dixon and I know Canadians have a historically tough time at Série A academies, so maybe you’re right too. Per his agent though, the team seems to prioritize him, so hopefully that’s true and he gets a shot. Need to see more of him before putting any stock into him. 

Just now, InglewoodJack said:

It would be easier if we had a polling feature here. Have a tentative list of our top 10 guys, people take 48 hours to vote on the best out of the bunch, after the poll, you remove the winner, add a new player and keep doing that until you get to a top 25 or something. Could be feasible to do here, would just take some work.

And yeah, I think Noah Abatneh or York was at the Milan U19 team last year if I’m not mistaken? So maybe Dixon will be back in Canada before long. I know very little about Dixon and I know Canadians have a historically tough time at Série A academies, so maybe you’re right too. Per his agent though, the team seems to prioritize him, so hopefully that’s true and he gets a shot. Need to see more of him before putting any stock into him. 

We could break it down positionally as well! 

I think it was lazio for abatneh? 

Fingers crossed we get 2 canadians from 1 agent in top 5 leagues. 

• 2 weeks later...

Went down a transfermarkt hole today and looked him up- started and played the full 90 against Inter Milan in the Primavera a few days ago and today he scored 2 goals for the U19s against Crotone in what looks like the youth FA Cup. 

*Canadian Oumar Diallo was an unused sub for Inter 

Per the scout’s Instagram, Dixon also played 30 minutes against Roma last week but had to be subbed off due to paperwork (?). Apparently Mouhinio was in the stands watching. 

edit: wow I didn’t realize all of this was already posted, lol. 

Edited by InglewoodJack

• 1 month later...