Match Thread (for non Canada games)

narduch

Qatar body language is awful. They look like they don't want to be there. Even before kickoff they looked like they were terrified. 

They'll be the first host EVER to lose their opener.  How many will Ecuador get is the big question. 

17 minutes ago, Razcal said:

Until I see how we look in the first half with all those nerves running through us, I'm not going to comment on how Qatar looks with all that pressure on them.

Fair enough.  These are Asian Cup champions though. They shouldn't be this bad, even with the nerves.

I don't think Ecuador was that great. They made mistakes and weren't lethal.  I think Qatar is in big trouble v Netherlands. I also think Ecuador will struggle to get out of the group if they play like that.  Granted, they were complacent in the second half, but they will need to improve to advance. 

7 minutes ago, RJB said:

I don't think Ecuador was that great. They made mistakes and weren't lethal.  I think Qatar is in big trouble v Netherlands. I also think Ecuador will struggle to get out of the group if they play like that.  Granted, they were complacent in the second half, but they will need to improve to advance. 

Maybe, but the loss of Mane is absolutely massive for Senegal so it will be interesting to see how they can cope without him. That seems to be the single biggest injury in terms of impact to a team that I can think of.  Even losing Benzema (and others) is less severe given the other France can call upon.  I am sure Senegal have other quality players but that has to impact their chances of advancing.  

17 minutes ago, RJB said:

I agree.  Ecuador has never been great.  The ban of Castillo must be hurting them.  With a Qatar that was so static in moving up field, Ecuador should have done much more.