MLS Match Updates and Talk 2022

Big_M

To be honest it looked like a battle between two teams who won't be anywhere near the playoff spots. It was a better game to watch in the 2nd half but mainly because both teams said "Screw midfield!" which is not really a tactic that will get either team very far for the rest of the season. The only saving grace for TFC is that its mostly a 2nd & 3rd string roster they had out there, filled with teenagers or 21 year olds getting some valuable minutes (in part because several other teens are injured or suspended)- and they still should have won the game. However, they lost it. Perhaps Caldwell can not jinx the team next time with "9 point week" predictions. I mean, it was a 9 point week - for the opposition.

2 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

To be honest it looked like a battle between two teams who won't be anywhere near the playoff spots. It was a better game to watch in the 2nd half but mainly because both teams said "Screw midfield!" which is not really a tactic that will get either team very far for the rest of the season. The only saving grace for TFC is that its mostly a 2nd & 3rd string roster they had out there, filled with teenagers or 21 year olds getting some valuable minutes (in part because several other teens are injured or suspended)- and they still should have won the game. However, they lost it. Perhaps Caldwell can not jinx the team next time with "9 point week" predictions. I mean, it was a 9 point week - for the opposition.

Yes I agree. I hope that game was heavily scouted by the Fraser Valley CPL team

I just finished watching the match, TFC did get screwed and I would like to hear the ref's version why the goal wasn't given, I was entertained by the amount of Cancon in this match and some of the youngsters played quite well including Nelson who may have had one of his best games! Both teams played a conservative first half but TFC should have been ahead, it was nice to see a winner from Ricketts who always answered the call for our MNT!

31 minutes ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Not sure what the locals are thinking, but great to see all these young local kids playing at home.

In my dream scenario we can start 7 Canadians and be one of the best teams in the league.

But I'm not sure that will EVER happen. Hell the best American MLS teams only play 2 or 3 Americans. 

Edited by narduch