MLS Match Updates and Talk 2022

Big_M

2 hours ago, Big_M said:

a number of games tonight including four late ones...russell-rowe signs for crew and a few hours later starts against his former club toronto...does he make them pay for not giving him an mls deal? then montreal at seattle very tough one

thats exactly what happened...wild one in cincy...4-4 vs nyc...an open cup game between orlando and nashville is tied in extra time and chicago is leading philly late...moving on to the late games with seattle montreal coming up...heath and savarese under pressure as they face galaxy and houston

4 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

It always seems like Eastern Conference road teams start losing their legs by the 75th min, even with subs, so if Montreal can pull off a result against this strong opponent, thatbwould be very impressive.

I'm sure Waterman will have some supporters coming down from the Fraser Valley for this one.

Apart from the stretch at the start of the second, they were excellent and full value for the win.

Once I know the line ups, I usually push mute and enjoy the game.  If I need background info on a particular player, Google serves as my colour commentator.  Would love just to have crowd noise only during a broadcast.  Because I pvr it, if there is something contoversial that's happened, I'll play back and listen to the broadcast for some info.

14 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

It's the first time I've been able to pull on my white, hoop shirt to watch a 'Caps match in its entirety in a few months....possibly the lone benefit of being stuck at home with Covid. A well-deserved win against the league's top team.

Admittedly, the league's top team that was undermanned and Carlos Vela-less.

But still a nice win that keeps the Caps within sight of the playoff bar.

53 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

It's the first time I've been able to pull on my white, hoop shirt to watch a 'Caps match in its entirety in a few months....possibly the lone benefit of being stuck at home with Covid. A well-deserved win against the league's top team.

Once they made some needed attacking subs as the second half progressed, they became the better side.  It was a pretty poor first half by the home side, frankly.  There was no chemistry between the starting three forwards.  Thank god for Cubas but he needs better midfield support, as does the attack.

Edited by BearcatSA

On 6/30/2022 at 3:02 PM, jonovision said:

Despite his frequent mistakes, I'll take a Rauter game over a Wileman game every time.

Rauter mispronouncing Johnston's name throughout the game is downright embarrassing.  This player played every game for Canada in WCQ.  Does that mean one of the top soccer PBP announcers in Canadian TV didn't watch the games? He and TSN should be ashamed.

4 hours ago, Ivan said:

Rauter mispronouncing Johnston's name throughout the game is downright embarrassing.  This player played every game for Canada in WCQ.  Does that mean one of the top soccer PBP announcers in Canadian TV didn't watch the games? He and TSN should be ashamed.

Was Sutton at least pronoucing it correctly?

4 hours ago, Ivan said:

Rauter mispronouncing Johnston's name throughout the game is downright embarrassing.

Even if it was Johnstone it's still pronounced the same way as Johnston would be in Scotland where that surname comes from. He needs Graham Leggatt around for stuff like that obviously. Rangers had a Johnstone and a Johnston in their team at the same time back in the 1970s. The latter being no stranger to Canadian soccer later in his career: