MLS Match Updates and Talk 2022

Big_M

To the neutral, a somewhat hilarious return to the form of the bad old days with TFC dropping points at the death for a second week in a row. Akinola couldn't quite jump high enough to clear the corner which was flicked in.

26k claimed attendance. At the risk of straying into ozzie territory, it sure didn't look it from the main camera position.

Edited by jonovision

Montreal up 1-0 at half. Quioto serves it up on a platter, falls overs and lands on his shoulder while Mihailovic taps in. Kamara in to replace him. Only caught a few moments but all the Canadians involved look OK. Waterman not dressed. Anyone know why?

26k looked about right from what i was able to see.  I actually thought and guessed would be 27K.  The  upper decks looked full from my vantage point.  The team lacks talent and this is evidence by the fact that the players are not strong on the ball and,  unlike the club from 4 years ago, this team cant create anything from the buildup.  They lack imagination and ideas and therefore have to rely on quick counter attacks.  

In the Vanney era, the team had the talent to play a ball possesion game whereby most chances were created off the buildup, whereas now, when they have the ball, its possession for the sake of possession.  And whatever action that gets a roar from the crowd, is usually a counter attack.  

Edited by Free kick

2 hours ago, jonovision said:

Montreal up 1-0 at half. Quioto serves it up on a platter, falls overs and lands on his shoulder while Mihailovic taps in. Kamara in to replace him. Only caught a few moments but all the Canadians involved look OK. Waterman not dressed. Anyone know why?

Accumulation of yellow i believe.

St. Clair's streak of stopping every PK in MLS play has come to an end as Seattle scored against him with Rui Diaz from the spot. St. Clair almost saved it but the shot had too much power. Seattle now lead 2-1 with the other goal being a screamer from outside the box that picked out the top left corner, which I don't think Dayne had much chance of stopping.

On 5/14/2022 at 8:23 PM, Free kick said:

26k looked about right from what i was able to see.  I actually thought and guessed would be 27K.  The  upper decks looked full from my vantage point.  The team lacks talent and this is evidence by the fact that the players are not strong on the ball and,  unlike the club from 4 years ago, this team cant create anything from the buildup.  They lack imagination and ideas and therefore have to rely on quick counter attacks.  

In the Vanney era, the team had the talent to play a ball possesion game whereby most chances were created off the buildup, whereas now, when they have the ball, its possession for the sake of possession.  And whatever action that gets a roar from the crowd, is usually a counter attack.  

I agree. Stadium looked pretty full from my seats. Took a while for it to fill up though.

13 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Caps win again! Cavallini with the winner at 90+2 from the spot.

What a tremendous crowd.  Last time I saw a crowd that size in Vancouver for a Whitecaps game was in 1984.  I remember at the time saying to my dad "this team is gonna fold".

St. Clair allowed another PK goal as Minnesota tied LA Galaxy 1-1 at home. He was credited with 3 saves. Raheem played 75 minutes for the LA Gal-ex-TFC.

Crepeau was on the losing end of a 2-1 match against Austin, and was credited with 0 saves. Had no chance on the first but probably could have done better on the 2nd, particularly as the defender seem to have cut off the angle Fagundez had to shoot for the far side of the net. Max made a ton of saves when in Vancouver as he was getting peppered with shots but seems to be making few this season on a much better team that doesn't up a ton of chances (although some brutal defending on both goals in this one based on the highlights). Henry never got off the bench but nice to see he is fit again.

Canadian ref Drew Fischer handed out 4 red cards between KC & Colorado, all late in the game, but it looks like Kaye, who came on to start the 2nd half, was not one of the lucky recipients.

In fairness to Fischer, having seen the replays I don't think he was trigger-finger happy as they were all deserved, in fact one of the reds was a yellow that got turned into a red once VAR stepped in. In fact, if anything he should have gone with a straight red to begin with as it was a nasty & dirty tackle by the SKC player.