Vancouver Whitecaps - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

Believe Whitecaps are gearing up for a trade with one of the Los Angeles based teams before the deadline. 

This team is piss poor, Vanni is in over his head, Axel is not a good deal maker, I have zero expectations but lets hope for the best.

3 hours ago, Trois Reds said:

When you realize 4 years on that the only MLS manager you ever had any real success with was Carl Robinson... ☹️

And he was terrible, frankly. Played terrible soccer. 

The only decent seasons we had were when Waston stood on his head and so did "that keeper" everyone said was the best in the league. Absorb barrages and get a goal on a counter. 

The standard is low at Whitecaps. I don't get it. It was never low in any of the iterations of the team before MLS.

23 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Legitimately no. He wasn't a good manager either.

He didn't know where to play guys,, either and couldn't settle on a consistent formation or playing style.  Having said that, if Cherundolo craps the bed with LAFC, he probably will get the interim head coaching job for the remainder of the year 

On 4/27/2022 at 9:28 AM, Watchmen said:

In addition to the Cubas transfer, sounds like the Whitecaps are working on 2 other trades from within the league involving GAM.

https://theprovince.com/sports/soccer/mls/vancouver-whitecaps/whitecaps-back-in-the-mls-basement-where-theyve-made-their-home-for-too-long

I'm guessing they will be domestic (CanAm) pick ups.  I was under the impression that had no more international spots but maybe misread that somewhere.

Until we start to get at least a whiff of playoff territory, I'll take the points in whatever way possible. 

I realise this may be the dumb way of going about things. The smarter being getting the results we need to get Sartini fired asap.

By the way, was this the TFC that is the unarguable font of present and future national team buoyancy? Asking for a friend.

Is the Canadian Championship Tournament a coach killer for Vancouver.

If the Whitecaps lose to Valour, does that cost or speed up the process in Vanni being shown the door. We have see it before. I know one games doesn't make or break the coach, but it surely does not help. Food for thought 

On 5/9/2022 at 9:00 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

By the way, was this the TFC that is the unarguable font of present and future national team buoyancy? Asking for a friend.

Well you didnt hear that from me.  There are some players with TFC that have that potential.  But its still all potential right now.  Same could be said with the WC youth players.  

You are simply not going win in MLS or anywhere playing a bunch of teenagers.   Even if they have potential.