Keesean Ferdinand

Atlantic

1 hour ago, Grandbloke said:

I believe I saw Keesean Ferdinand play this past Sunday when I attended the PLSQ game in Quebec City between Royal-Sélect de Beauport and CF Montréal U23. No lineup sheets were available at the stadium, but someone showed me one for CF Montréal U23 that he found somewhere on the Internet. If that lineup sheet is correct, Keesean Ferdinand was wearing number 27 and was playing left centre back in a back 3. He looked physically mature for his age, was quick, passed the ball well, and overall was dominant at his position. As far as I could tell, he was wearing the captain’s armband. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he is called up to the senior team this season.

PS: Could a moderator please correct the spelling of Keesean’s first name in the thread title?

Yep, I looked up the gamesheet online at http://www.tsisports.ca/soccer/ligue/index.aspx?champ=CPL . He was wearing 27 against Beauport

• Atlantic changed the title to Keesean Ferdinand
3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

If anyone has any insight into other CF Montreal U23 guys to keep an eye out for please let me know.  Going to a game in Charlottetown where they play Sunderland U23 so would like to know who to watch out for (and maybe grab an auto from).  

As far as I could see, Nathan-Dylan Saliba was the only other player on an MLS contract who played in the game against Beauport. He played pretty well but was not outstanding.

Edited by Grandbloke

12 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

If anyone has any insight into other CF Montreal U23 guys to keep an eye out for please let me know.  Going to a game in Charlottetown where they play Sunderland U23 so would like to know who to watch out for (and maybe grab an auto from).  

These are the player stats for the team this season in the PLSQ. Seems like they have a core group, then a steady rotation of secondary pieces.

cf23.png

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, hodgkiss said:

Although raw, I felt that he was quite promising in the time he spent with Canada. I hope that he lands somewhere where they see his potential and help him develop more. On a side note, I am a little shocked about Breza and Pantemis. TFC might want to have a look at one or both of them.

I think the writing was on the wall with both them. Neither was an above average MLS keeper and Pantemis ultiamtely beat out Breza because he was a bit better. Sirois has a better ceiling that both.

Pantemis has a lot to work on if he wants to stick around the league and who knows where Breza ends up.

39 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I think the writing was on the wall with both them. Neither was an above average MLS keeper and Pantemis ultiamtely beat out Breza because he was a bit better. Sirois has a better ceiling that both.

Pantemis has a lot to work on if he wants to stick around the league and who knows where Breza ends up.

Agree they need more time and to play regularly. CPL is too low, but a step below mls would help them. 

also Ferdinand did refuse the loan in a dumbfounded decision.

They must have something in the works.  Why cut the 2 guys who backstopped you to the top of the league.  Granted they arent cream of the crop, but there are plenty of similar keepers with jobs in MLS.  Montreal must have their eye on a big keeper signing...surely they arent going to throw Sirois in as the every day starter?

As for Ferdinand and Yao...is there a chance its just a release and resign on better terms in a month??  

• 2 months later...
22 minutes ago, jordan said:

And maybe he didn’t want to go on loan and preferred his own path. 

Maybe, it’s weird after going up to go down by choice. Rumours that Montreal was concerned about a few players who wanted to play in tournaments for cash prizes Vs coming to try out or something like that related to the academy