FC Edmonton Season Thread 2021

Big_M

Rate Hanson as well. Hope he spent the off-season practicing 200-300 free kicks/corners a week. Biggest weakest in the island games. giving up possession on poor free kicks and corners. Margin of error too small in the cpl.

Random Speculation : Is the club going to bring in trialist for the remaining rosters spots ? Think Matt Lam would be a great fit as he's out of contract in Hong Kong Premier League. 31 years old. Played previously with Kyle Porter.

On cynical challenge, Jeff Paulus said there's a 16/17 year old academy kid knocking on the door of the first team.

Edited by yothat2

2 hours ago, yothat2 said:

Rate Hanson as well. Hope he spent the off-season practicing 200-300 free kicks/corners a week. Biggest weakest in the island games. giving up possession on poor free kicks and corners. Margin of error too small in the cpl.

Random Speculation : Is the club going to bring in trialist for the remaining rosters spots ? Think Matt Lam would be a great fit as he's out of contract in Hong Kong Premier League. 31 years old. Played previously with Kyle Porter.

On cynical challenge, Jeff Paulus said there's a 16/17 year old academy kid knocking on the door of the first team.

Always a good thing that they’ve found another one. Cavalry apparently found another but he’s yet to sign.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what they are waiting for. Not preseason training camp annoucment. 

Have a few roster spots available ?! With a ton of local players available: David Doe, Prince Amanda, Hanson Boakai, Carlos Patino, Bruno Zebie, Usports picks : jackson Farmer, Jacob Bosch, David Cheng, Noah Cunningham. 

1 hour ago, yothat2 said:

Not sure what they are waiting for. Not preseason training camp annoucment. 

Have a few roster spots available ?! With a ton of local players available: David Doe, Prince Amanda, Hanson Boakai, Carlos Patino, Bruno Zebie, Usports picks : jackson Farmer, Jacob Bosch, David Cheng, Noah Cunningham. 

Doe just signed in USL.

On 4/1/2021 at 9:39 PM, VinceA said:

Has FC Edmonton given us a roster list so far? 

Like this? 20 players signed, Boakai, Ameobi and Amanada not announced, 5 internationals.

POS.PLAYERSTATUS/LAST CLUB

GK Darlington MurasiranwaUniversity of Guelph

GK Connor James RE-SIGNED

DF Sharly Mabussi Bergerac Périgord (FRA)

DF Amer Didic RE-SIGNED

DF Ramón Soria RE-SIGNED

DF Mélé Temguia RE-SIGNED

DF Allan Zebie RE-SIGNED

DF Jeannot Esua RE-SIGNED

MF Antony Caceres  RE-SIGNED

MF Chance Carter RE-SIGNED

MF Shamit Shome CF Montreal (MLS)

MF Paris Gee Saint Louis FC (USL)

MF Kyle Porter York United FC

MF Thomas Gardner UBC

MF Tomas Giraldo CF Montreal (LOAN)

FW Fraser Aird Valour FC

FW Marcus Velado-Tsegaye RE-SIGNED

FW Raúl Tito RE-SIGNED

FW Easton Ongaro RE-SIGNED

FW Tobias Warschewski Phönix Lübeck

MF Hanson Boakai–

FW Prince Amanda–

FW Tomi Ameobi–

CPL-U SPORTS DRAFT PICKS

POS.PLAYERUNIVERSITY

DF Jackson Farmer British Columbia

On 4/3/2021 at 11:15 AM, toontownman said:

Wow I'm shocked I thought he was really highly rated. Maybe more by paulus than koch it seems.

It looks like David doe is changing positions. Listed as defender with usl bend. Fced academy player Abe dukely also signed. Another bonus point for the academy is Prince Amanda brother Gloire might get drafted in the next MLS draft. 

On 4/18/2021 at 5:45 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Do we know if Raul Tito has ended his loan spell and is back training with FCE, any information? His loan was supposed to last until the end of March.

Asking as I am updating the CPL on Loan thread, thanks.

Might be a third roster spot open 

The CPL off-season tracker shows like 10 Edmonton players who haven't been re-signed but also haven't left. I'm assuming they were all released and it was never made official or even updated (Duran Lee is one of those listed even though he's already signed for Pacific) but are there any that could have a shot at being back?

1 hour ago, DavemTFC said:

The CPL off-season tracker shows like 10 Edmonton players who haven't been re-signed but also haven't left. I'm assuming they were all released and it was never made official or even updated (Duran Lee is one of those listed even though he's already signed for Pacific) but are there any that could have a shot at being back?

Usually the site is more up to date then that.  Doe, Mortotsi, Zetterberg, Moses and Lee have signed elsewhere, I think Son is also gone, that leaves only Amanda, Boakai and Amoebi TBD

On 4/29/2021 at 3:43 PM, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Usually the site is more up to date then that.  Doe, Mortotsi, Zetterberg, Moses and Lee have signed elsewhere, I think Son is also gone, that leaves only Amanda, Boakai and Amoebi TBD

Amoebi could go to Calgary. They need a striker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Edmonton sign another American in Beto Avila (20 year old Striker). Obviously if he was from any other nation we would be lauding it as an exciting signing and looking forward to seeing him play. As he is American, instead I will lambast how there must be better Canadian alternatives and this stinks. 

https://canpl.ca/article/fc-edmonton-acquires-forward-beto-avila-on-loan-from-austin-bold-fc

6 hours ago, toontownman said:

Edmonton sign another American in Beto Avila (20 year old Striker). Obviously if he was from any other nation we would be lauding it as an exciting signing and looking forward to seeing him play. As he is American, instead I will lambast how there must be better Canadian alternatives and this stinks. 

https://canpl.ca/article/fc-edmonton-acquires-forward-beto-avila-on-loan-from-austin-bold-fc

Still Don't know how many additional usport players can be signed