FC Edmonton Season Thread 2021

Big_M

5 hours ago, toontownman said:

Interested to see if Boakai gets a second season chance. Likewise if Aleman stays. I think with Tito and the players they have brought in the aforementioned and zetterberg would be completely different propositions. Likely not room for them all though. 

Hanson prob fits under the salary cap alot easier than Aleman. Boakai was better than both Aleman and Zetterberg in the island games.  

Still need strikers outside of ongaro 

On 1/5/2021 at 4:23 PM, Ansem said:

Just curious, asking Edmonton fans: which of last year's team would you say were fundamentally not up to the task, and which were solid and should be saved from the fire?

Case of Soria. I admit I really did not watch FCE closely, so could not say. Is it really fair to say this guy deserves to continue despite the team's poor results?

I admit I like him because he's a vet, he's Spanish, he also seems like a fine character and has a lot of upside on other levels (he's a graduated lawyer) that a club like FCE might want to use in the future once he retires. But I am not sure that is enough.

8 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Just curious, asking Edmonton fans: which of last year's team would you say were fundamentally not up to the task, and which were solid and should be saved from the fire?

Case of Soria. I admit I really did not watch FCE closely, so could not say. Is it really fair to say this guy deserves to continue despite the team's poor results?

I admit I like him because he's a vet, he's Spanish, he also seems like a fine character and has a lot of upside on other levels (he's a graduated lawyer) that a club like FCE might want to use in the future once he retires. But I am not sure that is enough.

what i remember most about him. Is Soria getting dressed out of his pants by a young hanson boakai in 2015.

Think his stats/analytics are pretty strong.

Busy week. I thought they confirmed this back in October but great to have the reaffirmation after his loan. Had they had Didic fit, Tito and the other players they had planned for in the squad last year it might have been different. 

Don't have high expectations but certainly expect the Eddies to be a different proposition next season.

On 1/7/2021 at 5:11 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Though Zetterburg wasn't a good fit. Son wasn't that great. Ameobi was awful & wish moses got more time. hard to judge .. moses ..

18 hours ago, scooterlawrence5 said:

How many roster slots does FC Edmonton have remaining as of today?

FCE have signed 16 players, so 7 open spots.

FCE have 3 U21s signed (Carter, Velado and Caceres)

FCE have 2 U23 internationals (Tito and Mabussi) and 2 senior Internationals (Soria, Esua)

FCE have 10 players from last years roster that FCE hasn't made a public announcement on whether they are staying or going, so at least 3 are gone.

2 draft picks (Gardner, Farmer)

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM