FC Edmonton Season Thread 2021

Big_M

On 2/2/2021 at 7:55 PM, toontownman said:

That is too bad. He had zero time to hit the ground running but certainly didn't impress like I was expecting. Hope he kicks on at Guadelupe another solid league.

Shamit Shome signing was writing on the wall for Aleman. Has he ever played as a winger. The club has a glut of wingers as well!

3 hours ago, yothat2 said:

Shamit Shome signing was writing on the wall for Aleman. Has he ever played as a winger. The club has a glut of wingers as well!

Aleman and Shome are not the same kind of players. Apart from one or two games at right wing back for Montreal he is a centre midfielder and not a particuliarly creative one. CPL is a step down for him comparatively to MLS but I don’t think he’s gonna evolve as a 10 just because of that. 

Edited by HochelagaFC

2 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

He is the fourth (Caceres, Velado, Carter)

FC Edmonton haven't announced the status of Doe and Amanda who are also eligible for U21 minutes.

I suppose he will backup James and get some games ? Whitecaps academy isn’t he the same age as Onduze ? They have produced some decent goalkeeping talent.

On 2/5/2021 at 1:03 PM, MM3/MM2/MM said:

He is the fourth (Caceres, Velado, Carter)

FC Edmonton haven't announced the status of Doe and Amanda who are also eligible for U21 minutes.

i suspect  Doe or Amanda or both are leaving for more mins. Weird they weren't announced the same time as chance, marcus and anthony. 4 rosters spots left and need another cb, left back, striker and have 6 or so players not decided on.

On 2/5/2021 at 10:36 PM, yothat2 said:

Never a bad thing to have more than one promising keeper.

1 hour ago, mtlsab said:

----------------------James

Esuat---- Temguia------Didic------Mabussi

---------------Caceres

------Shome------------Giraldo

Porter--------Ongaro---------Raul Tito

Giraldo really going to start ? Huge for him if true. No idea how good he’s supposed to be.

13 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Giraldo really going to start ? Huge for him if true. No idea how good he’s supposed to be.

I dont think Montreal loaned him to bench, even if Olivier Renard said he can't force a club to start his players.

Also, he trained with Shome for more than a year. I'm sure he will start a descent number of games

3 hours ago, mtlsab said:

I dont think Montreal loaned him to bench, even if Olivier Renard said he can't force a club to start his players.

Also, he trained with Shome for more than a year. I'm sure he will start a descent number of games

i can't see him getting more mins than fraser aird, paris gee, chance, mvs, caceras, tomas gardner .. In tough for mins but maybes hes a wonder kid  

boakai & david doe  might still be signed

• 3 weeks later...