Former CanPL Players

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

I always thought Karajovanovic was underappreciated last year. His scoring production didn't really reflect his play or ability to create chances. I think he could've been a prolific goalscorer in the league in another year.

Cela looked good as a fullback in a few appearances in year one, but he never seemed to be apart of the long term plans at Forge. I don't ever recall us using him at centreback (and we had a million CB injuries last season), so I'm a bit surprised that's how Northern Tribune identifies him. He's large enough to play there, but with his speed/technical ability Forge only really used him on the outside flanks.

Adding a couple of experienced players to help raise the level maybe helps a bit on development but maybe he is also viewed as a taxi squad type player for their first team.

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-sign-defender-kobe-franklin-to-short-term-agreement

Toronto FC announced today that the club has signed defender Kobe Franklin to a short-term loan agreement from Toronto FC II, the club’s MLS NEXT Pro side. Per MLS rules, the short-term agreement allows clubs to sign players on loan from their MLS NEXT Pro affiliate for MLS, U.S. Open Cup, CONCACAF Champions League, Canadian Championship and exhibition matches...

21 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Former Forge player, who last played in Polish Tier 3 with Olimpia Elblaq is listed on the Guelph United roster in League 1 Ontario.  Will they be the first division  3 team to beat a CPL team?

I'm asssuming you're talking about Marcel Zajac?  I think they'll be a good test against HFX, but I worry about them on the defensive end versus Morelli. Gander is gone, Artemenko is assumedly gone.

Where did you see the roster?

Former Forge midfielder Giuliano Frano seems to be back playing, as he appears on the Woodbridge Strikers roster. He had taken a break from the game to pursue some other ventures, including appearing on a widely-played commercial for Osmow's.

More new faces to L1O:

Robert Boskovic has appeared on the roster for Vaughan Azzurri.

Stefan Lamanna appears on the Darby FC roster.

Edited by Pottsy3

1 hour ago, SoccMan said:

Totally forgot about this guy , what happened to him , there was a big hoopla over this guy when he came into the league and now he finds himself in League 1 Ontario ?

Never really panned out at Forge, made a move to the Polish 5th and then 3rd divisions, and here we are now.

5 minutes ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

I'm not reading too much after 2 matches, but it does speak to the overall quality of the league that an MLS 1st round pick can't be an automatic starter. (Of course Omar could be hurt, and I definitely want him to succeed). I thought Zajac was on a similar path at one time but couldn't cut it. At least not on the first try.

These things are hard to judge.

It looks like Awuah is struggling at St. Louis in Next Pro but Farsi is lighting it up at Crew 2.