Former CanPL Players

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

Ronan Kratt seems to have 19 goal contributions (6 G and 13 A) in 9 matches. Which is impressive, but he's stuck on the second team, way down in the 5th tier. I'm surprised Werder Bremen haven't looked to loan him to a higher level yet. Does anyone have any news on this?

That Bremen reserve team is 10-0 with 70 goals scored so far this season. One has to imagine he's not the only player in that team with some gaudy attacking numbers.

Edited by jonovision

19 minutes ago, jonovision said:

That Bremen reserve team is 10-0 with 70 goals scored so far this season. One has to imagine he's not the only player in that team with some gauding attacking numbers.

He's tied for the lead in goal contributions with a 28 year old journeyman who's already been on loan to 5 different teams during his Bremen career

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, yothat2 said:

What would this pay ? 

A friend played this division in 2004 or 2005 I don’t recall the money, but he had to live with family there at the time to make it work. There is like 96 teams in the league broken out regionally.

Interesting revelation that may become a common trend with the CPL developmental roster players.

Some MLS mock drafts have pegged former Forge FC developmental player Marcus Caldeira as a potential high pick in the MLS Superdraft. Kimani Stewart-Baynes, a true freshman and formerly with HFX Wanderers is also speculated as a first rounder if he decides to enter the draft. 

I was impressed with Caldeira during the short-appearance I saw against Cavalry last season. He must have been only 17 or so at the time.

Only able to speak to the highlight packages for Kimani Stewart-Baynes, but he looks like a prospect who could be destined for a higher level/future NT baller. I know there was murmuring about his dual-nat eligibility when he signed with HFX in the offseason.

Former Valour FC Players...

On 11/28/2023 at 6:42 AM, narduch said:

Matt Silva now plays for Espinho in the Portuguese 5th tier

Stefan Cebara is now with Europa in Gibraltar and with have a familiar teammate... Jose Galan is there (on loan from Bruno's Magpies).  Still playing ball at 37 years young!

Alessandro Riggi is in Cambodia with Angkor Tiger FC -- looks like he now has his 1st goal in the Cambodia Premier League.

19 minutes ago, K Edgar said:

Former Valour FC Players...

Stefan Cebara is now with Europa in Gibraltar and with have a familiar teammate... Jose Galan is there (on loan from Bruno's Magpies).  Still playing ball at 37 years young!

Alessandro Riggi is in Cambodia with Angkor Tiger FC -- looks like he now has his 1st goal in the Cambodia Premier League.

Seems about the right career trajectory for former Valour players. Right out of the starting lineup and into glorified beer leagues.

7 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Seems about the right career trajectory for former Valour players. Right out of the starting lineup and into glorified beer leagues.

Well yes just about right lol, but if you can get someone to pay for your daily expenses and maybe your rent and you can go play soccer in some of these exotic places why not while you still can . Life is short and you never know when your time is up so all power to these guys .

38 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Well yes just about right lol, but if you can get someone to pay for your daily expenses and maybe your rent and you can go play soccer in some of these exotic places why not while you still can . Life is short and you never know when your time is up so all power to these guys .

I can't imagine the Gibraltar league pays the bills. It's a country of 32,000 people. Moose Jaw sized.