Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
admin

I HATE ALL THE TRADITIONAL MEDIA IN THIS COUNTRY

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

1) Go to Starbucks.

2) Attend a local viewing party.

I once had to resort to watching a crap stream for a friendly against Portugal (2005?) years ago at a public library.

Yeah, I'm fine here. You can find high speed internet in the major centres, but sometimes, if you're further from the major population, there might be no one who can offer you that speed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not trying to be a dick, but your post is precisely why lots of people want games held outside Toronto.  The idea that a “hard core supporter” of the CMNT would skip one of the 3 or 4 home games played per year in this country when it is in their own city seems absolutely unfathomable - at least to me.  Many of us would love to have that opportunity but simply do not.

And if you barely care enough to go, it is hard to think that the average Torontonian. will get excited about it.  

My man please....

Sometimes I just want to chill in my basement having beers and other assorted alcoholic drinks with my friends on a Saturday night. The fact I willed the trek down for ******* CUBA! knowing full well we were going to curb stomp them is worthy of praise in itself. 

Yes, I agree with you, I would have had no issue with this game going to your part of the country (Calgary is it?). Just as long as we get the USA match. ✌🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Macksam said:

My man please....

Sometimes I just want to chill in my basement having beers and other assorted alcoholic drinks with my friends on a Saturday night. The fact I willed the trek down for ******* CUBA! knowing full well we were going to curb stomp them is worthy of praise in itself. 

Yes, I agree with you, I would have had no issue with this game going to your part of the country (Calgary is it?). Just as long as we get the USA match. ✌🏼

His part of the country is PEI, and I think the point is that if you live in a part of the country that has never gotten a game, or last got a game 10 or 15 years ago, and you are a hardcore supporter that frequents this site, you sure as hell are not going to miss it when the team comes to your area, even if it's a friendly against the US Virgin Islands. In Toronto there isn't a fear of there not being another game in the city in your lifetime, so you can pick and choose. "Hmm, I think I'll skip Cuba but if the weather is half decent I'll go to the USA game next month." (full disclosure, I skipped Cuba because of my friend's 40th birthday party, but I'll be going to the USA game next month, so I fit this description at least to a degree).

I live in Toronto, but totally think games should be spread out more, especially now that we have CPL teams. Put games in CPL stadiums. It might gain you new CPL fans just by the fact that they came out to the stadium and had a good time and now have a thirst for more. It may unearth areas that support the national team particularly well. Like, who would have drawn up Columbus Ohio as a key spot for USA to host games? They weren't lazy and just picking between LA and New York, and now they keep beating Mexico in Columbus with good hometown support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 8:26 PM, admin said:

Game is on Onesoccer....

WHY ISN'T THE  GAME ON TRADITIONAL MEDIA IN THIS COUNTRY.

We have an online streaming service, that is primarily focused on Canadian soccer, and you are complaining about it?

I don't know about others, but I am extremely grateful for one soccer. Never did I think we would have such a thing. They still have a few kinks to work out, but I for one am absolutely over the moon about one soccer. It beats a grainy ripped off stream and unlike tsn, they actually care about Canadian soccer.

Bonus, I can effortlessly rewatch the game at my leisure, which I couldn't do on tv.

Cable media still has a role to play, for now, but it's becoming more obsolete every day. I am not fussed one bit about the game being on one soccer. All the big leagues in Europe are exclusively online now anyways. Glad that Canadian soccer is not behind the curve with online streaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to be in the camp of complaining about games not being televised by the major networks - and in a perfect world, sure I wish they were...THAT SAID, Ive got to give oNESOCCER credit, they are putting up the investment, and development into soccer in Canada. I cancelled my cable once TSN lost the Premier League rights.

I now have DAZN, ONESOCCER, CRAVE/HBO & Netflix for less than half of what I was paying for cable. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Obinna said:

We have an online streaming service, that is primarily focused on Canadian soccer, and you are complaining about it?

sar·casm
/ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    "his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
    synonyms: derisionmockeryridiculesatireironyscornsneeringscoffing, gibing, taunting;More

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Obinna said:

We have an online streaming service, that is primarily focused on Canadian soccer, and you are complaining about it?

I don't know about others, but I am extremely grateful for one soccer. Never did I think we would have such a thing. They still have a few kinks to work out, but I for one am absolutely over the moon about one soccer. It beats a grainy ripped off stream and unlike tsn, they actually care about Canadian soccer.

Bonus, I can effortlessly rewatch the game at my leisure, which I couldn't do on tv.

Cable media still has a role to play, for now, but it's becoming more obsolete every day. I am not fussed one bit about the game being on one soccer. All the big leagues in Europe are exclusively online now anyways. Glad that Canadian soccer is not behind the curve with online streaming.

Well, not until VCR technology came along. And PVR's after that.

I spent Saturday out of the house and came home with lots of sports that I had missed that I wanted to watch. I was able to watch the stuff that was on cable (Bianca Andreescu's championship, as well as the TFC game) right away. I had to wait nearly 24 hours for the Canada vs Cuba game. Why would I have to wait 24 hours in 2019 when in the 80's you just had to wait a couple minutes for the tape to rewind?

If/when Onesoccer gets that cleaned up I'll be very happy. Tomorrow night's game conflicts with my children's bedtime, so I'll probably miss a decent chunk of the game unless my wife is in a particularly charitable mood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kent said:

Well, not until VCR technology came along. And PVR's after that.

I spent Saturday out of the house and came home with lots of sports that I had missed that I wanted to watch. I was able to watch the stuff that was on cable (Bianca Andreescu's championship, as well as the TFC game) right away. I had to wait nearly 24 hours for the Canada vs Cuba game. Why would I have to wait 24 hours in 2019 when in the 80's you just had to wait a couple minutes for the tape to rewind?

If/when Onesoccer gets that cleaned up I'll be very happy. Tomorrow night's game conflicts with my children's bedtime, so I'll probably miss a decent chunk of the game unless my wife is in a particularly charitable mood.

That’s why god created Netflix.

 

Signed,

A terrible parent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kent said:

Well, not until VCR technology came along. And PVR's after that.

I spent Saturday out of the house and came home with lots of sports that I had missed that I wanted to watch. I was able to watch the stuff that was on cable (Bianca Andreescu's championship, as well as the TFC game) right away. I had to wait nearly 24 hours for the Canada vs Cuba game. Why would I have to wait 24 hours in 2019 when in the 80's you just had to wait a couple minutes for the tape to rewind?

If/when Onesoccer gets that cleaned up I'll be very happy. Tomorrow night's game conflicts with my children's bedtime, so I'll probably miss a decent chunk of the game unless my wife is in a particularly charitable mood.

Same here!  Subscribed to OneSoccer earlier in the day just for the Can vs Cuba match.  Came home with about 20 minutes left in the game and realized you can't start the game at the beginning.  I was literally like WTH its 2019!  But ok, they're new, lets give 'em a few months to sort that out.....

Bought flowers for the Mrs yesterday, hoping it'll help convince her to handle the two kids bed time solo tomorrow.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, costarg said:

Same here!  Subscribed to OneSoccer earlier in the day just for the Can vs Cuba match.  Came home with about 20 minutes left in the game and realized you can't start the game at the beginning.  I was literally like WTH its 2019!  But ok, they're new, lets give 'em a few months to sort that out.....

Bought flowers for the Mrs yesterday, hoping it'll help convince her to handle the two kids bed time solo tomorrow.    

I would suggest wine next time, mate. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...