CANADA vs Jamaica Pre Game 20th July 2017

canadianfoot

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised to see Teibert over Bernier.  He's obviously got more in the tank but is a liability aerially to a team that is already challenged in that department. That's why this team needed Johnson or Hutchinson so bad.. an all around mid that can go 90 other than arfield.

1 minute ago, Keegan said:

Surprised to see Teibert over Bernier.  He's obviously got more in the tank but is a liability aerially to a team that is already challenged in that department. That's why this team needed Johnson or Hutchinson so bad.. an all around mid that can go 90 other than arfield.

I could see this move if the conditions were bad but supposedly this is in a closed stadium...so heat wouldn't really be a factor...and it's been 6 days since our last match..

I'm sorry but I don't agree with Larin walking onto the team after making an idiotic decision, and taking the spot of a players who worked their ass off this tournament. Let's see how he plays

Are people upset about Larin replacing Cavallini because of the manner Larin is coming into the team, or because Cavallini has been so great this tournament? I'll accept the former (in fact, I'm fully on board with taking a moral stance), but am not convinced by the latter. I don't have much reason to believe Larin won't be able to do the things Cavallini has done well so far, and he has a better chance, in my opinion, of doing the things he hasn't done yet, namely score goals.

12 minutes ago, canta15 said:

I'm sorry but I don't agree with Larin walking onto the team after making an idiotic decision, and taking the spot of a players who worked their ass off this tournament. Let's see how he plays

At this point I am not even factoring in the DUI.  He has been sanctioned by the league, done what he was told to do, and at the QF stage I want us to prioritize winning.

It is displacing Cav that I don't like.  He has helped us get here, and it doesn't send a great message to immediately replace him with Larin.  It would be different if Larin bagged goals at a high rate, but I haven't seen anything from him that would justify the potential turmoil.

But i hope they all prove me wrong.

I disagree with Larin showing up last minute to take the starting spot of someone who was here the whole time and worked hard. If he came off tbe bench to replace Cav tonight and played better in his 30 mins. than Cavs, then he starts in the semis.

Tiebert is probably starting because of his engine, he'll give us more work rate in the 1st half to counter the Jamaicans athleticism. I predict Osorio coming on in the 70th to provide an attacking spark once the pace slows a bit.

1 minute ago, jonovision said:

If he decided to pack his bags because of this that would speak more to his character than anything else. 

Yeah, but he strikes me as being a bit high maintenance. And with limited options up front, I think we probably need to handle him with a bit delicately.  Not saying that should determine him as an auto starter or anything, but under the circumstances I could see this decision being an issue - especially if Larin doesn't light it up.

Archived