CANADA vs Jamaica Pre Game 20th July 2017

canadianfoot

Are many surprised by the lineup?

Larin is surprising only because of the manner in which he joined the team. If he was there from the beginning, everyone would be shocked if he didn't start. I have been more critical of Larin than most but there is no doubt in my mind he is a better player than Cavallini.

The only other remotely surprising thing about this lineup is Teibert, but that is only a surprise to those who have ignored Bernier's play to this point in the tournament. Both Teibert and Osorio were impact subs in a game and Teibert offers more defensively if there's anything at all to choose between them.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am i missing something? Has any of the strikers scored for us in this tournie?  Lets have some focus, Larin gets bashed for not scoring..no one cares if he creates chances, holds up the ball well or runs the channels, makes the CBs work etc.  Why would Cavallini be held to another standard?  I imagine Cav and Larin will both play and it was a decision on who gets the start and 65min and who gets to finish the game.  And for anyone saying Larin is a johnny come lately, showing up at the last minute etc  ummm what does that make Cavallini??  Larin has 20 games (5goals) since 2014, Cavallini 6 since 2012 and no goals.  Lets not get ridiculous.  

The one and only question I want answered with this lineup is, does this team give us the best chance to win?

I'm confident that it does.  

Larin hasn't had a team this talented around him yet playing for Canada.  Let's see what he can do.

Archived