June 13 vs Curacao in Montreal

matty

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see :

________________________________________________________Borjan

----------------------------------------James-------------------------Jakovich-----------------------DeJong

Aird-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Edwards

-------------------------------------------------------------------------Piette

---------------------------------Bernier---------------------------------------------------------------Johnson

---------------------------------------------------------------------------Hoilett

----------------------------------------------------------------------------Larin

7 minutes ago, king1010 said:

No more games in MTL. Time and time again they fail to show up for the canmnt

I will reserve judgement until we are a bit further into the game to allow for traffic.  But "meaningless friendly" or not (and for the record, all friendlies are pretty much meaningless), that place looks deserted.  

11 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Why would anyone except a big crowd for a meaningless game against Curacao? This isn't a draw anywhere in Canada, and not grounds for dumping on Montreal as a host city.

300 ppl there are "family and friends" of piette. What is that 10% of the crowd  

Embarassing (good for Piette though)

Last two home friendlies were against much bigger opponents. 12000 in Toronto (Jamaica), 8000 in Edmonton (Costa Rica). All Canadian cities have a bad history of selling tickets to men's friendlies. 

(Main reason being: we don't play at home enough)

Not to be an asshole, but it sure sounds like a lot of excuses.  Traffic is terrible at 7:30, just a meaningless friendly, fans like a winning team...  It annoys me that we seem to be okay with empty stands for one of the few home games we are actually playing.  Unrealistic expectations, I guess.

Archived