June 13 vs Curacao in Montreal

matty

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, canta15 said:

you are comparing the Peruvian national team to Canada's.... Obviously, they are going to draw a better attendance. And they have performed very well in the copa america if you haven't paid attention to that

Had more to do with drawing a turnout for meaningless friendlies.  Canada could win the Gold Cup this summer (not saying they will), and I don't see the turnout changing, if you had this game 12 months later under the exact same circumstances. Wasn't a knock at you, overall just commenting on how it is sad to have such poor turnouts.

Anyways back to game

1 minute ago, apbsmith said:

Had more to do with drawing a turnout for meaningless friendlies.  Canada could win the Gold Cup this summer (not saying they will), and I don't see the turnout changing, if you had this game 12 months later under the exact same circumstances. Wasn't a knock at you, overall just commenting on how it is sad to have such poor turnouts.

Anyways back to game

Peru actually playing good was just the cherry on top of my argument (and btw if we won the Gold Cup i'm pretty damn sure we'd get more fans and you'd be idiotic to think not). Peru's main sport is soccer. What is our main sport that draws in the fans?

4 minutes ago, FreeAgent said:

De Jong has been absolutely useless.

Isnt he usually?

The modern fullback has to be athletic and get forward to join the attack and provide width.

De Jong is slow and cant get forward. He just occupies space.

Raheem Edwards should be our LB.

I'm up for these friendlies being played wherever we can get the best turnout. Obviously I like being able to attend games locally in T.O., but if we can't draw great numbers, I'm all for our games being played elsewhere (Vancouver, Winnipeg, etc.). Support needs to be better, because otherwise Canada Soccer won't host as many of these friendlies.

Just now, Soccerpro said:

Isnt he usually?

The modern fullback has to be athletic and get forward to join the attack and provide width.

I rather he stays at LM/RM we have another option at LB... 

Bit disappointed with Larin, but he still young and will improve... I do think having a second forward would be good for him. Also maybe having Hoillet at CF/CAM would be good too. 

4 minutes ago, Soccerpro said:

Isnt he usually?

On top of that, he doesn't even provide his teammates with options and is always looking to play kick ball. Just dumb.

Archived