June 13 vs Curacao in Montreal

matty

5 hours ago, theaub said:

lmao

The CSA promotion department is so disorganized. I can't believe we put in a WC bid. Now I understand  why the US didn't want to give us more than 10 games. Heck CSA couldn't even get a web stream of a Canada WCQ done properly IN TORONTO!

Either Hoilett is AWL or it's just another typical day at the office for the two interns at the CSA. 

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that we know the game is on TSN, it's time to talk watch parties for the game. I'm looking at getting a basic one set up for Calgary. Given the 5:30 pm kickoff on a Tuesday, it probably won't be a big one.

I've heard from people that Barcelona Tavern was a little pricey for watch parties, so Shawn suggested Home & Away pub on 17th ave. Apparently they give you a speaker for your table with sound? I'll have to see what they can do if / when I make a reservation.

2 hours ago, shermanator said:

Now that we know the game is on TSN, it's time to talk watch parties for the game. I'm looking at getting a basic one set up for Calgary. Given the 5:30 pm kickoff on a Tuesday, it probably won't be a big one.

I've heard from people that Barcelona Tavern was a little pricey for watch parties, so Shawn suggested Home & Away pub on 17th ave. Apparently they give you a speaker for your table with sound? I'll have to see what they can do if / when I make a reservation.

Good call with Home and Away. I've worked there in the past and yes they have a big screen for the premier sporting event of the day. If you're stepping up to organize yet again (which I appreciate) I would suggest you inquire about the big screen sooner rather than later.

Would really be awesome to watch the game here, not just because it's a big screen, more affordable than Barcelona (which also is a good spot) and within walking distance for me personally, but the layout is such that we may attract the attention of other causal soccer fans elsewhere in the bar, which is good from a visibility standpoint for Canadian soccer support. At Barcelona Tavern we are secluded in that viewing room, which is cool in a way but doesn't lend itself to the same attention.

Any chance of turning the casual onto Canadian soccer should be taken, but of course the boys in red have to not shit the bed, which unfortunately I can't count on :)

Edit: Just re-read your post and see that I have misread it. Sounds like you are not talking big screen, just a speaker for our booth. That would be alright too, but if we could get the big screen with sound, that really would be awesome. Would probably depend on if the Jay's aren't playing and if we can commit to bringing a rather large party. We could reserve the tables in front of the big screen and get the sound going, unless there is some other event that is a bigger ticket of course. Worth a try I guess! Probably an idea for the Gold Cup though as we'd likely have a much smaller showing for the friendly, as you pointed out.

13 hours ago, Obinna said:

Edit: Just re-read your post and see that I have misread it. Sounds like you are not talking big screen, just a speaker for our booth. That would be alright too, but if we could get the big screen with sound, that really would be awesome. Would probably depend on if the Jay's aren't playing and if we can commit to bringing a rather large party. We could reserve the tables in front of the big screen and get the sound going, unless there is some other event that is a bigger ticket of course. Worth a try I guess! Probably an idea for the Gold Cup though as we'd likely have a much smaller showing for the friendly, as you pointed out.

If big screen with full sound is not an option, perhaps they can combine the big screen with table speakers. Like you, said,  worth a shot. I live near by as well, and I pop in for drinks after work occasionally and it's never that busy around then, so hopefully they can accommodate. 

14 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Anyone have info about the Intra Squad Match?  From the photos CSA posted:

Red Team:

Johnson, Bernier, Galvis, Hoilett, James

White Team:

Awuah, Osorio, Froese, Lefevre 

From IG video

Red:

Jackson-Hamel, Hoilett, Johnson

White:

Cordova, Straith, Crepeau, Froese (not sure but I suspect it was him)

Okay good work guys so we can deduce so far that the teams were:

Red: Jackson-Hamel, Galvis, Hoilett, Johnson, Bernier, James, Borjan

White: Crepeau, Straith, Lefevre, Cordova, Awuah, Pasher, Froese, Osorio

Looks to be more first-choice players on team Red. Well, what we'd call first choice anyways.

CANADA
1- GK- Maxime Crépeau | CAN / Impact Montréal FC
2- FB- Fraser Aird | Unattached
3- CB- Manjrekar James | HUN / Vasas Budapest
4- CB- Dejan Jaković | USA / New York Cosmos
5- M- Kianz Froese | GER / Fortuna Düsseldorf
6- M- Samuel Piette | ESP / CD Izarra
7- M- Russell Teibert | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
8- M- Will Johnson | USA / Orlando City SC
9- F- Cyle Larin | USA / Orlando City SC
10- M- David Junior Hoilett | WAL / Cardiff City FC
11- F- Marcus Haber | SCO / Dundee FC
12- M- Alphonso Davies | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
13- M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Toronto FC
14- M- Mark-Anthony Kaye | USA / Louisville City FC
15- M- Adam Straith | CAN / FC Edmonton
16- M/F- Anthony Jackson-Hamel | CAN / Impact Montréal FC
17- FB- Marcel de Jong | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
18- GK- Milan Borjan | POL / MKS Korona Kielce
19- M- Raheem Edwards | CAN / Toronto FC
20- M- Patrice Bernier | CAN / Impact Montréal FC
21- FB- Juan Córdova | CHI / CD Huachipato
23- FB- Andrés Fresenga | URU / Cerro Largo FC
24- FB- Tyler Pasher | USA / Sporting Kansas City

Akindele must be very disappointed to miss out. 

Mark-Anthony Kaye continues to be the surprise of camp. Zambrano must be really high on him. I can understand why, for a big player he's got good feet and attacking instincts.

Here is my guess at a starting line up:

Hoilett-----------Larin-----------Davies

------------------Osorio------------------

----------Johnson------Bernier----------

de Jong---Jakovic--James---Cordova / Aird

------------------Borjan-----------------------

Archived