June 13 vs Curacao in Montreal

matty

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dyslexic nam said:

Not to be an asshole, but it sure sounds like a lot of excuses.  Traffic is terrible at 7:30, just a meaningless friendly, fans like a winning team...  It annoys me that we seem to be okay with empty stands for one of the few home games we are actually playing.  Unrealistic expectations, I guess.

How much was the game hyped on Quebec TV by the CSA? Too easy to take jabs at Montreal

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not to be an asshole, but it sure sounds like a lot of excuses.  Traffic is terrible at 7:30, just a meaningless friendly, fans like a winning team...  It annoys me that we seem to be okay with empty stands for one of the few home games we are actually playing.  Unrealistic expectations, I guess.

It's disappointing, but I don't see things being much better in another city, or until the team becomes a winner and the CSA steps up its marketing efforts. Or all 3.

That said, why should an evening game ever start before 8?

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

I am not taking jabs at Montreal.  I am criticizing a really shitty turnout for a CMNT game.

It is disappointing but in festival season in Montreal, of you don't do the marketing job, you get this.

The stadium is outside downtown Montreal on the east side, not very convenient to make it there mid week. Always thought it was a bad location for the stadium 

Archived