June 13 vs Curacao in Montreal

matty

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

Vitoria plays for Lechia Gdansk who are in the Ekstralasa.

Correct, and they still have a chance to win the title in Poland's Ekstralasa, hence his exclusion. I'm not sure what is going over my head here, I don't believe anything I said was incorrect?

3 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Correct, and they still have a chance to win the title in Poland's Ekstralasa, hence his exclusion. I'm not sure what is going over my head here, I don't believe anything I said was incorrect?

You said they have a chance at promotion. Maybe you meant Champions League/Europa League?

37 minutes ago, lazlo_80 said:

Cordova has a legit shot to claim a starting spot for gold cup.

Captied if that's the case. Given how his career is going ATM he might actually find himself in a top 10 Euro league, liga mx or mls (aka his dream)

3 minutes ago, Huss said:

What ever happened to Doneil Henry and Michael Petrasso?

Henry has been injured for almost his entire spell at West Ham; he tore his ACL while at Horsens in October.

Petrasso has been injured most of the year, and struggled to get playing time at QPR after injury. He's way down the depth chart in my books right now as, he did not look great in the U-23 camp, cheeky chip goal not included.

1 minute ago, shermanator said:

Henry has been injured for almost his entire spell at West Ham; he tore his ACL while at Horsens in October.

Petrasso has been injured most of the year, and struggled to get playing time at QPR after injury. He's way down the depth chart in my books right now as, he did not look great in the U-23 camp, cheeky chip goal not included.

That's too bad about Henry, we could really use him right now. As much as our depth has improved, I still don't like our defense outside James and Vitoria. Hopefully Cordova shows some promise. 

9 minutes ago, Fastfeet2 said:

Thought Corbin Ong would be called in. I also think Chapman should have been called over Teibert and Osorio. 

And I thought (insert any name here) would be called in over Mark Anthony-Kaye.

Just from the Qatar series alone...Petrasso, Aleman, Hamilton, Cannigia.

This roster very much has the feeling of a try-out camp.  Seems as if Zambrano wants to get a look at a lot of different pieces that may fit into both the GC roster and who may fit into his plans longer term. There are a number guys, like Fresenga, Pantemis and Kaye who I just don't see as being immediate inclusions into the team. I am guessing that Zambrano is using this first camp as a bit of a "January camp" to a get a look at players he would normally bring in for the first time for a game.  It will be interesting to see who is still there for the GC and who else is brought in (e.g. Arfield and Vitoria perhaps).  

If this is a try-out-for-the-new-coach camp, then the only two I am less clear on are Pantemis (who I know nothing about) and Lefevre.  It seems like these two were tossed in only because of the Montreal link.

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

Very disappointing if true. Very disappointing not to have AJH also. His exclusion muddys the waters. Had he been selected, and had Tabla been the only Impact player absent, we would have a better idea of Tabla's commitment  level. Now it is unclear if Montreal requested him to stay or he simply is remaining uncomittal.

Regardless, we should have a strong group. Spoon may be there, which is a nice addition that I have personally overlooked in recent weeks in light of the Davies/Tabla/Edwards hype trains. No reason why Arfield shouldn't be there. Hoilett is already in Toronto, so I'm assuming he's good to go. Still optimistic about Cavallini. New blood in Cardova. Larin being a key piece will be involved I assume. Plenty to get excited about.

Hoilett is in Grenada right now via instagram

6 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

And I thought (insert any name here) would be called in over Mark Anthony-Kaye.

Just from the Qatar series alone...Petrasso, Aleman, Hamilton, Cannigia.

huh...why isn't Cannigia in this lineup? Unless this is a tryout camp and he is already someone that will be called up to Gold Cup.

Very disappointed that some players didn't get the call at least to the friendly to show what they got, such as Kapor .He could help in the Gold Cup and in the future. Same players keep on getting called who for me aren't playing at a top level or at their peak. 

This lineup doesn't fill me with confidence. Hopefully some of the new guys impress. In particular I'm hoping for Awuah, Cordova, Pasher, Edwards, Forese, and Jackson-Hamel to do well.

I had completely forgotten about Fresenga. Him and Kaye are definitely the biggest surprises.

11 minutes ago, matty said:

Why?

Both Oso and Chapman are good creative players imo. I think Chapman does a better job than Osorio at dictating the play from the middle, we often see Oso fade away in games, but Chapman always seems to be on the ball with his head up looking for decisive passes. With Teibert, I feel both are in similar club situations in terms of game time, so I dont feel Teiberts midfield ability warrants a spot over Chapman.

3 minutes ago, Fastfeet2 said:

Both Oso and Chapman are good creative players imo. I think Chapman does a better job than Osorio at dictating the play from the middle, we often see Oso fade away in games, but Chapman always seems to be on the ball with his head up looking for decisive passes. With Teibert, I feel both are in similar club situations in terms of game time, so I dont feel Teiberts midfield ability warrants a spot over Chapman.

I was more focused on Oso than Teibert. I think it's telling that TFC might be gearing up to replace Oso with Chapman, both are similar in some ways. But I feel Chapman is still less developed so for now Oso is more worthy I think but fair enough for your point.

Archived