June 13 vs Curacao in Montreal

matty

Just now, shermanator said:

I will say that there are no surprises at forward for me. Larin, Ricketts, Haber and Jackson-Hamel are the top 4 in the depth chart right now in my books.

Agreed. While I was slightly hopeful for Cavallini, I am happy enough with our options not to be down about it. Hard to see him miss this one and get a Gold Cup call, but you never know.

Very happy for AJH

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Agreed. While I was slightly hopeful for Cavallini, I am happy enough with our options not to be down about it. Hard to see him miss this one and get a Gold Cup call, but you never know.

Very happy for AJH

I think Cavallini might wanna see what Zambrano is like or something still.

Who do you guys think is the biggest snub? The Deltas? Leutwiler?

Wait you mean we have games to talk about.  Forget sometime in the CPL anticipation lol.  

Weird though how they say they will announce the roster at the game tonight and then release it today.  Can't wait for the game though.  Really nice to see a home game 

Some players must have requested to come later. Arfield is not there, Cavallini while a Fresenga sitting on the bench in the second division of the same country is there...Will have to wait until announcements on June 1st and mid-June to make assessment of Zambrano

6 minutes ago, matty said:

I think Cavallini might wanna see what Zambrano is like or something still.

Who do you guys think is the biggest snub? The Deltas? Leutwiler?

Deltas have a bunch of games this month. So perhaps its agreement as a few could be at the Gold Cup.

51 minutes ago, shermanator said:

I will say that there are no surprises at forward for me. Larin, Ricketts, Haber and Jackson-Hamel are the top 4 in the depth chart right now in my books.

Do you count CavallinI? 

29 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

No Steven Vitoria! 

He has his final league game this weekend. Could have played a role though Borjan is coming and in the same league. 

What happened to Wotherspoon. One poster on here claimed he would be on the roster. 

Hopefully we see some reinforcements for the Gold Cup. Will be interesting to see the 40 man prelim roster. Ie Cavillani Hutch Wotherspon Vitoria Arfield

1 minute ago, lazlo_80 said:

Cordova has a legit shot to claim a starting spot for gold cup.

Everybody playing Defence does!!

To me, I remember that Fresenga played the exact same way Cordova does in getting forward from RB. And to me was good with the U23s.

8 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Maybe it's just me but there seems to be an unusual amount of fullbacks on this roster and thats even with Edwards listed as a midfielder. I wonder if this means that Zambrano is looking to experiment with a 3-5-2

Nope I was wondering the same thing...but they are cutting the roster down to 18-20 after an intrasquad game so expect the fullbacks to be cut.

....But yes, let's hope it's the 3-5-2, but it surely doesn't look like it.

9 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

Maybe it's just me but there seems to be an unusual amount of fullbacks on this roster and thats even with Edwards listed as a midfielder. I wonder if this means that Zambrano is looking to experiment with a 3-5-2

I just think they're looking for answers at that position. To me that seems like the most wide open spot on the roster. To that point its a little surprising Adekugbe didn't get a look.

I think this is a bit of an odd line up but on the positive sign it shows we are beginning to have depth! The fact that there are viable candidates not in the roster (but probably will be for Gold Cup) BUT that we have a good squad now: Borjan, Hoillett, AJH, Larin,Johnson, Akindele PLUS we are bringing in some guys who have been lighting it up in their respective leagues: Froese, Edwards, Cordova AND we have the luxury of trying some guys out: Fresenga, makes me think we are on the right path.  

Archived